Windows 10: apps icon rearrange very weirdly

Discus and support apps icon rearrange very weirdly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what happen? any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-icon-rearrange-very-weirdly/74560dcb-cbbb-45fa-ace0-653b2a6baca2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trancez, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Trancez Win User

apps icon rearrange very weirdly

what happen? any solution?

:)

Trancez, Aug 5, 2021

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 5, 2021
  4. apps icon rearrange very weirdly

Desktop icon rearrangement on sreen rotate/unrotate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.
    Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

apps icon rearrange very weirdly

1. apps icon rearrange very weirdly - Similar Threads - apps icon rearrange

2. VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF: I have a home build high end desktop for gaming, editing sound and video, and keep several icons on my left monitor 3 total Center 32in. 1440P is on HDMI, the sides both are 28" 4K running 1440p are DP. I have it this way because I at times use Nvidia Surround and it is the...
  3. VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF: I have a home build high end desktop for gaming, editing sound and video, and keep several icons on my left monitor 3 total Center 32in. 1440P is on HDMI, the sides both are 28" 4K running 1440p are DP. I have it this way because I at times use Nvidia Surround and it is the...
  4. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  5. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons: My 2nd monitor is to the right of my main monitor. I have icons on that monitor. When I go to the office, my 2nd monitor is above my main monitor. But when I rearrange the 2nd display to be above, the desktop items don't follow. They just disappear. How do I rearrange the...
  6. Rearranging 2nd Display Doesn't Rearrange Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Rearranging Icons Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rearranging Icons Problem: This happens randomly, so I tried to reproduce the issue in the video (0:16) https://streamable.com/w94ch6 It's stupid that I have to use third party application just for keeping icons in place... Where else can I report this so microsoft dev team can look this up? submitted...
  8. Desktop Icons rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons rearranging: I have a user who is using dual monitors and their desktop icons always revert back to the main monitor on restart. I logged in and moved icons around and restarted and everything was where i moved it. So this appears to be user specific. I am assuming their is something that...
  9. Icons rearrange on reboot

Icons rearrange on reboot: Hello, Ever since we have had users install 1909 update, there are some people who have issues with the icons on their desktop moving. They might move to a different row or column or they will move to a totally different screen that is not the main screen. I have looked into...
  10. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...