Windows 10: Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues

Discus and support Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey All, I recently updated my device and my app icons in the windows search aren't showing correctly. On top of that, my settings are not opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SoStella, Sep 17, 2019.

1. SoStella Win User

Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues

Hey All,

I recently updated my device and my app icons in the windows search aren't showing correctly. On top of that, my settings are not opening through the button and my Onenote will not and cannot sync. These are the issues I see. Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues d79aad72-04f3-4d79-adde-dae11a834350?upload=true.png Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues 73302238-1d2f-4c94-9e60-dbf07cc1d2dd?upload=true.png Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues c94e15f5-aa44-4c32-a167-d0ab7b08c8e0?upload=true.png

Hope you guys can help,

Zachary Parker

Personal: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Work: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

SoStella, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Argel Obm Win User

OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, Sep 17, 2019
  3. OneNote App not syncing_Can't find file location

Hi Matthew,

It seems that the app may be corrupted. I suggest that you reset the OneNote app. You can do so through Settings:

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

If the issue persists, it might help to uninstall and reinstall the app.

• Click Start, and then Settings.
    • Go to Apps, and then Apps & features.
    • From the list of apps, select OneNote.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Get the OneNote app from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues

Could not uninstall current OneNote app from the "all apps" column.

Hi Frostgiant,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to open the app?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • If yes, what exactly is the error message?
    As of now, I suggest you to restart your Computer and try to open your OneNote . if issue still persists, I kindly suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by
    Ruxo in the following thread which discusses about how to uninstall OneNote .

Onenote on windows 10 - Sorry something went wrong

Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues

1. Apps icons acting up and Onenote issues - Similar Threads - Apps icons acting

2. Onenote issues of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote issues of use: I loaded all my worksheets from Excell onto Onenote. I thought it would be great if I moved to another PC in future. Now I can't get to a worksheet via the start menu as I normally did I have to go to my pc where is shows all the apps on my system and there I find Onenote and...
  3. Onenote issues of use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onenote issues of use: I loaded all my worksheets from Excell onto Onenote. I thought it would be great if I moved to another PC in future. Now I can't get to a worksheet via the start menu as I normally did I have to go to my pc where is shows all the apps on my system and there I find Onenote and...
  4. Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon of OneNote for W10?: How to change taskbar icon of OneNote for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-of-onenote-for-w10/6a3ed31c-9cab-4272-b3f4-af649763e866
  5. OneNote Sync Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Sync Issue: Hello, I have five newer OneNote notebooks what use OneDrive to sync them on several devices desktop, laptop, Surface, Samsung tablet, Pixel 3a. I see five "shortcuts" similar to ones you'd create in Windows in the OneDrive Documents directory, one for each of the notebooks....
  6. OneNote Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote Issues: About a month ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. Everything was working except OneNote. I have used the same notebook for years and after this install, was given an error that this notebook did not exist, And then Last night Web clipper started saving in a new...
  7. OneNote printer issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote printer issue: OneNote printer issue Unable to print from OneNote. Keep getting "unexpected CONFIGURATION PROBLEM 0X80040154 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onenote-printer-issue/5e156a2b-c1cb-439a-b6c4-91b56bdd6218
  8. apps and icons issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps and icons issue: The icons on the desktop went blank and I can’t open the apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-icons-issue/0912309c-f12d-4faf-9d59-66abdfb1709f
  9. OneNote issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote issues: OneNote on WIn10 preview appeared completely different. That's fine and all but my notes are not syncing. My recent notes consist of just blank notes. ANyone else with that problem? THanks. 8093
  10. Backing up OneNote?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backing up OneNote?: Hello! I was wonding if I can backup OneNote? Like if I want to do a clean install of Win10 in the future. Right now I'm using Notepad for all of my notes but thinking about moving everything to OneNote if I could back it up. -Thanks!! 21773