Windows 10: Apps in background

Discus and support Apps in background in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to stop Messenger app Facebook working in the background. I did disable the app in the list of "Background apps" in the settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cem.O., Jun 27, 2020.

1. Cem.O. Win User

Apps in background

Hello,

I am trying to stop Messenger app Facebook working in the background. I did disable the app in the list of "Background apps" in the settings. After that I restarted the computer also, but still I receive notifications from the app when someone writes me on Facebook Messenger, even without opening the app.

I do not want to disable notifications totally for the Messenger app because I want to receive notifications when I open the app manually when I want.

Thank you for your help in advance,

:)

Cem.O., Jun 27, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Jun 27, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Apps in background

Background Apps Annoying

You can go to Settings App
    search for background
    click on let apps run in the background

Scroll through the list to see if they're listed there.

swarfega, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Apps in background

1. Apps in background - Similar Threads - Apps background

2. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  3. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  4. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  5. How do i remove these app background in app list?

How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  6. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?: I was trying to fix a lag issue i was having with a game and it showed how to turn it off for windows 10 but I use windows 11, I somehow managed to turn background apps off but I can't figure out how to turn it back on no matter how many times i search it up it always tells...
  8. How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?

How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?: I was trying to fix a lag issue i was having with a game and it showed how to turn it off for windows 10 but I use windows 11, I somehow managed to turn background apps off but I can't figure out how to turn it back on no matter how many times i search it up it always tells...
  9. why is there is no "background apps permissions" settings on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there is no "background apps permissions" settings on my computer?: Xbox Game Bar wont allow my party chat to run in the background while im playing games, only while i have the window open. It even says "Background App permissions is disabled in the settings". But when I go to the settings to enable it, there is no setting anywhere within...
  10. why is there is no "background apps permissions" settings on my computer?

why is there is no "background apps permissions" settings on my computer?: Xbox Game Bar wont allow my party chat to run in the background while im playing games, only while i have the window open. It even says "Background App permissions is disabled in the settings". But when I go to the settings to enable it, there is no setting anywhere within...