Windows 10: Apps in Monitor have been "expanded"

Discus and support Apps in Monitor have been "expanded" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the last update, the monitor screen format has been "expanded" and Settings will not put it back to how it was. Everything is "stretched",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PotterKay, Oct 14, 2020.

1. PotterKay Win User

Apps in Monitor have been "expanded"

After the last update, the monitor screen format has been "expanded" and Settings will not put it back to how it was. Everything is "stretched", including the background photo.

:)

PotterKay, Oct 14, 2020

2. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor
    is detected. Are there options for connection that will allow expand mode for two displays under windows 10?

MarcLegere, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps in Monitor have been "expanded" - Similar Threads - Apps Monitor been

2. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  3. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  4. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors?

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand window to monitor height with stacked monitors?: Ever since I have a second monitor on top of my main monitor, I haven't been able to expand a window vertically to the monitor's height by double click on the top/bottom edge of a window. Now it only expands the top part of a window when I double click either the top or the...
  6. 4 Monitors: Expand+Duplicate (SpaceDesk)?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4 Monitors: Expand+Duplicate (SpaceDesk)?: Hi, I use 4 "screens" on my laptop running Windows 10 (laptop display + screen connected via HDMI + 2 iPads connected via SpaceDesk). Can I expand to a total of 3 screens (different image on laptop, screen and iPad) and transfer the same image from one iPad to the other? If...
  7. Apps move to third monitor after sleepmode or after pc have been turned off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps move to third monitor after sleepmode or after pc have been turned off.: Hello i have 3 monitors, i normally only use one of them, but everytime i come back to my pc and its gone into slumber/sleepmode or i've turned it off and back on, all my apps and windows will now open on my 3rd monitor, and its not set to be my main monitor....
  8. Mapped Drive Names Have Expanded

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drive Names Have Expanded: Hello, After the windows update today, my drives in File Explorer have gone from, for example: PMP Course V5-10 (P:) to PMP Course V5-10 (\\192.168.2.185\homes\MyDocs\Quality Computing) (P:) This is too long to see the letter P: on the end without making the...
  9. Dell Expands UltraSharp Monitor Family

in Windows 10 News
    Dell Expands UltraSharp Monitor Family: Revolutionary Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor world’s first 49-inch dual QHD monitor1 with ultra-wide views, multitasking features and seamless connectivity to drive productivity Brilliant color and clarity on the Dell UltraSharp 32 4K USB-C Monitor with VESA certified...
  10. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode: Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor is detected. Are there...