Windows 10: Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

Discus and support Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently uninstalled and reinstalled some apps on my laptop. After that if i search those apps in windows search, the apps shows up, but it wont... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Akmal Hossain, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled some apps on my laptop. After that if i search those apps in windows search, the apps shows up, but it wont open. Everytime i unistall and reinstall an app this happens. Screenshot included

The app logo is blacked out like this. It does nothing when i press enter or click it.

Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out 1804b68b-8bc1-4bf3-99aa-3ea7d5758132?upload=true.jpg

Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out 94cd87d1-2a9f-49a6-8290-ab5d4a738a60?upload=true.jpg

:)

Akmal Hossain, Oct 28, 2020
  2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out

1. Apps in Windows 10 Search Result wont open Greyed out - Similar Threads - Apps Search Result

2. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Search Bar Greyed Out: I'm extremely annoyed. I just got done reinstalling Windows 10 after discovering that somehow the Windows Installer Service was disabled and nothing worked to fix it. Including EVERY Microsoft suggestion. Now I'm reinstalled and discover that the Installer Service is working...
  4. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  5. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search results out of order: I have several external drives and network drives connected to my computer, when I use search from my computer, it shows results out of order. In other words. Network shares show up first, then D:, E: and finally C:how is this behavior controlled, and how do I adjust the sort...
  6. Windows 10 search results out of order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  8. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  9. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows store wont open, and a load of apps are greyed out: Hey guys, I REALLY need help here. For some reason a load of my apps are greyed out, and windows defender and Windows store wont open. I've tried Powershell and that WSReset.exe thing, but neither seemed to have any effect. I'm at my wits end here and I really need to get...