Windows 10: Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options?

Discus and support Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Video here: https://vimeo.com/581571935As you can see in the video, opening the Microsoft store and clicking on a game will crash it. Playing "Age of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SinLee5, Jul 31, 2021.

1. SinLee5 Win User

Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options?

Video here: https://vimeo.com/581571935As you can see in the video, opening the Microsoft store and clicking on a game will crash it. Playing "Age of Empires II DE" on steam crashes it. Opening a mp4/mkv file crashes it. A couple days ago it was completely fixed and everything was working fine after it being broken for about four weeks or so, not too sure, only noticed it four weeks ago. But now today it's broken again and crashes a lot of programs. But, things like chrome, leauge of legends, photoshop, and even Age of Empires II HD not DE and more work just fine. Somethings I've tried alre

:)

SinLee5, Jul 31, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 31, 2021
  3. No option to pin apps to taskbar or uninstall apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Then try to check if you find the option by right clicking on any app.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options?

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options?

1. Apps inconsistently crashing. What are my options? - Similar Threads - Apps inconsistently crashing

2. Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent and inconsistent crashing, no BSOD displaying: Hi, I am experiencing intermittent crashing. Sometimes it happens immediately on startup, a few seconds after Windows loads. When it crashes, it tends to continue to crash repeatedly on restart. Inexplicably after many restarts, it sometimes loads and runs just fine for...
  3. What are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are my options?: I have to send my laptop in to tech support for CPU re-paste and possible fan replacement. I do not want to remove my password on my user account for security reasons, but not sure if the technicians might need some sort of Windows access in order to carry out the...
  4. What are my options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are my options?: I have to send my laptop in to tech support for CPU re-paste and possible fan replacement. I do not want to remove my password on my user account for security reasons, but not sure if the technicians might need some sort of Windows access in order to carry out the...
  5. what are my options?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what are my options?: Hello and GreetingsHad a Brand ABC Win 7 pc since 2012, for personal use and work, I created different Users profiles. Just to keep thing tidy, so I thought. Then MS invited everyone to upgrade to win 10.2 years ago, Work profile got inaccessible, so I would turn on PC on...
  6. what are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are my options?: Hello and GreetingsHad a Brand ABC Win 7 pc since 2012, for personal use and work, I created different Users profiles. Just to keep thing tidy, so I thought. Then MS invited everyone to upgrade to win 10.2 years ago, Work profile got inaccessible, so I would turn on PC on...
  7. what are my options?

8. Computer crashing inconsistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing inconsistently: My computer keeps crashing and when I look at the event viewer, it seems to be a combination of Kernel power 41 and WHEA Logger event ID 18 with Processor APIC ID: 4Here are my computer specs:CPU: Ryzen 5 3600GPU: MSI 2060 Motherboard: MSI B550 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB...
  9. inconsistent crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    inconsistent crashing: I've been receiving BSODs with the error "IRQL_NOT_GREATER_OR_EQUAL", for a few time this last few weeks or so. I haven't been able to catch the actual specific error code yet, as before I can screenshot the screen my computer has already reset. BugCheek in Eventveiwer says...
  10. Photos app inconsistancy

Photos app inconsistancy: I share a computer with my wife, we both have administrative access. The photos app works fine under my user name but will not launch under my wifes user profile or name. 18904