Windows 10: apps installing to wrong account/user?

Discus and support apps installing to wrong account/user? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have 2 accounts on my pc, one is mine and one is my roommates. ive been trying to install BitTorrent, every time i complete the installation process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XcoxMi, Jun 28, 2020.

1. /u/XcoxMi Win User

apps installing to wrong account/user?

i have 2 accounts on my pc, one is mine and one is my roommates.
    ive been trying to install BitTorrent, every time i complete the installation process the app is installed onto my roommates account.
    whenever i try open the bittorrent app on my account it takes me to the installer.

is there a way to fix this so things i install are installed on my account? thank you kindly for any help

submitted by /u/XcoxMi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XcoxMi, Jun 28, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 28, 2020
  4. apps installing to wrong account/user?

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

apps installing to wrong account/user?

1. apps installing to wrong account/user? - Similar Threads - apps installing wrong

2. Eliminating wrongfully installed account/administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminating wrongfully installed account/administrator?: Originally set up a new computer using the wrong MS365 user account when I should have used the Family-level MS365 shared account for my wife. I've successfully added a standard local user account for her including a password & PIN. Do I remove the original wrongly installed...
  3. Eliminating wrongfully installed account/administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminating wrongfully installed account/administrator?: Originally set up a new computer using the wrong MS365 user account when I should have used the Family-level MS365 shared account for my wife. I've successfully added a standard local user account for her including a password & PIN. Do I remove the original wrongly installed...
  4. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  5. User account linked to wrong microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account linked to wrong microsoft account: Sometime after making both my wife's computer and my computer discoverable and allowing them to share files, my wife's only user account on her computer was somehow linked to my microsoft account. It shows her user but my account in the settings app. How can I change this so...
  6. Minecraft installed on wrong account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft installed on wrong account: Hello there, My father was setting up a laptop for me and downloaded the copy of minecraft to his account, instead of mine. What does he need to do, please?...
  7. User account Windows 10 password always wrong?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account Windows 10 password always wrong?: Good evening, I bought a new notebook and set it up today. Right from the start it required entering the password of my Microsoft account on restart. But since I don't prefer to secure my password, I looked online for instructions and followed them: Wie kann ich meinen PC...
  8. wrongly installed alexa app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrongly installed alexa app: Hi , How do I get rid of this alexa thing on my laptop , tried uninstall but it is still there although it is not showing in listing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrongly-installed-alexa-app/ff00d7a2-4bcd-4cdc-a1f1-8ad1cc49667a"
  9. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...
  10. Clean install, wrong user name

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install, wrong user name: I just did a clean install from ISO, The name MS assigned to my username was the first 5 characters of my email account! Not OK! It used to be whatever nickname (i.e. shortname) I had chosen. What gives? 4829