Windows 10: Apps keep failing to launch ... :

Discus and support Apps keep failing to launch ... : in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just recently, the Apps I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store and the built in apps such as the Photos app keep crashing on launch ... and you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlanBates10, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Apps keep failing to launch ... :

Just recently, the Apps I have downloaded from the Microsoft Store and the built in apps such as the Photos app keep crashing on launch ... and you have to re-launch them several times to get them up and running.

Is there a quick and easy way of fixing this really annoying problem?

:)

AlanBates10, Oct 16, 2020

2. Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Altidias Win User
    Get Started app wont launch

Their is no error message in opens for like half a second then closes, and the Option Windows Store Apps is not there

Thanks

Altidias, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Apps keep failing to launch ... :

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Apps keep failing to launch ... :

1. Apps keep failing to launch ... : - Similar Threads - Apps keep failing

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error

App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error: I installed the new GoPro Player app, and I am getting two different errors. The App trys to launch, I can see it in the Task Manager momentarily, then it shuts down, and throws the following errors in Event Viewer....The First is an application error:- <Event...
  5. App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error: I installed the new GoPro Player app, and I am getting two different errors. The App trys to launch, I can see it in the Task Manager momentarily, then it shuts down, and throws the following errors in Event Viewer....The First is an application error:- <Event...
  6. App fails to launch - KernelBase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. YourPhone App Crashes and fails to launch

YourPhone App Crashes and fails to launch: Faulting application name: YourPhone.exe, version: 1.20032.104.0, time stamp: 0x5e8be270 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1098, time stamp: 0x5b0689cd Exception code: 0xc000027b Fault offset: 0x00000000006a5e12 Faulting process ID: 0xba4 Faulting...
  8. Built-in apps fail to launch

Built-in apps fail to launch: Not sure which forum to post this in -- since it has to do with apps, trying here. I'm at my wits end with my new Windows 10 laptop! The built-in apps (e.g., Connect, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, Movies & TV) show splash screens and then disappear after a couple seconds....
  9. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...
  10. Some apps failing to launch

Some apps failing to launch: This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint,...