Windows 10: Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...

Discus and support Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been driving me crazy, whatever I do to make apps open on my first and main monitor does not work! Is there any fix for this silly problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ed043, Feb 15, 2023.

1. /u/Ed043 Win User

Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...

This has been driving me crazy, whatever I do to make apps open on my first and main monitor does not work! Is there any fix for this silly problem?

submitted by /u/Ed043
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ed043, Feb 15, 2023

2. Open Edge On Second Monitor By Default

jnsanderson, Feb 16, 2023
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 16, 2023
  4. Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...

Edge browser continiously opens on primary monitor and I need it to open (to it's full size) on second monitor!

How oh how do you make this Edge browser open on my second monitor and then remember to open there? This is driving me crazy! It continuously opens on the primary monitor, and then I have to move it to the second monitor and expand the window EVERY
    TIME! Come on Microsoft! Windows 7 did this with no issues...why have you taken such a step backward? This is so frustrating!

JenniferRE, Feb 16, 2023
Thema:

Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main...

1. Apps keep opening on my second monitor despite making the first monitor as the main... - Similar Threads - Apps keep opening

2. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  3. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  4. Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.

Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.: I am trying to use a television screen as a second monitor but when I power it on my main monitor turns black then comes back on and all my windows and icon disappears as if it became the second monitor and the tv became the main monitor. I am guessing that everything shifted...
  5. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  6. Turning second monitor in to main

Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  7. Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening programs on the extended monitor but not the main monitor: Hi all,I had the Windows 10 . My setup is a laptop with an extra monitor which set as Extended Display.The screen of the laptop is main screenNormally , the programs should be opened in the main screen. But I realized that sometimes the programs were opening in the extended...
  8. main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    main monitor syncing refresh rate with second monitor: i have one 144hz monitor and one 75hz monitor however my 144hz monitor will not display 144hz but will instead only display whatever my 75hz monitor is displaying which is usually 75hz. i have tried updating windows and my gpu drivers and i have made the monitor 144hz in...
  9. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  10. Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Touch Screen as Second Monitor - Apps launching on main monitor: Hi, Does anyone have any experience with using a touch screen as a second monitor. I have managed to get it to use the touch functionality, so I can press on the touch screen and it will launch Edge, for example. However, my next problem is that it is launching the...