Windows 10: Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?

Discus and support Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up my laptop MSI dragon center and xbox (beta) would be pinned to the task bar. I had to unpin everytime I use my laptop. How do I put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farigamo, May 20, 2020.

1. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?

Whenever I boot up my laptop MSI dragon center and xbox (beta) would be pinned to the task bar. I had to unpin everytime I use my laptop. How do I put an end to this? Please help.

Thanks

submitted by /u/farigamo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/farigamo, May 20, 2020
  2. Mikky_888 Win User

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, May 20, 2020
  3. cris2k Win User
    Pinning an app to task bar

Ive tried to pin an app to my taskbar but nothing happens. do i have to change any settings or something for it to pin on it? I right click the app, click Pin to task bar but it doesnt do anything. Also the apps i had on my windows 7 taskbar have now disappeared.

cris2k, May 20, 2020
  4. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

Hello Mikky,

Since the problem occurred after an upgrade, it is possible that you are experiencing this issue due to some corrupted Windows system files. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • Could you describe what happens when you're trying to pin a file to the task bar?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 version 1709 which is the Fall Creators Update, we recommend that you follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa on this thread. The troubleshooting
    steps provided in the thread would be helpful in resolving problems with pinning an app or files to the task bar.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this?

1. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the task bar, how do I stop this? - Similar Threads - Apps keep pinning

2. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  3. Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed Apps keep pinning themselves to the Taskbar, how do I stop this?: Whenever I install a new app or make a Chrome page shortcut it automatically pins to the taskbar, how can o stop this?and why even Chrome shortcuts are treated as Apps and showing as Apps under uninstall section in Control panel. It is getting very difficult to manage...
  4. How do I pin Camara to task bar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I pin Camara to task bar ?: How do I pin Camara to task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-camara-to-task-bar/6020f651-ff85-43ba-951d-997b7540882e
  5. How do I pin Camara to task bar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I pin Camara to task bar ?: How do I pin Camara to task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-camara-to-task-bar/6020f651-ff85-43ba-951d-997b7540882e
  6. How do I pin Camara to task bar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar: Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop. I have been trying to pin apps to the desktop/home screen not the taskbar. For some apps like whatsapp or calculator I am only able to pin it to either the start menu or the task bar. I have tried to make a shortcut/pin it from file...
  8. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar: Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they must unpin these apps. However, they appear again on startup. If you have been facing a similar issue, follow these steps to...
  9. How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...: How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them (using 'Startup') and they keep re-appearing every time I restart the PC - and there's no option to stop that in the settings of each program! How do I force-stop them from constantly adding...
  10. How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my Taskbar?: Our IT Department just upgraded us to Windows 10 and now, every time I log on, the Windows Office Apps automatically PIN themselves to my task bar. Every time I unpin them, the next logon, there they are. I have looked at Options (in Excel) and cannot find anything about...