Windows 10: apps keep starting at startup

Discus and support apps keep starting at startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Denverk4, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Denverk4 Win User

apps keep starting at startup

I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc?

:)

Denverk4, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 26, 2022
  3. all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

apps keep starting at startup [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Kreij Win User

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. apps keep starting at startup - Similar Threads - apps keep starting

2. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  3. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  4. apps keep starting at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  5. apps keep starting at startup

apps keep starting at startup: I have a question, how can I stop the applications to start when I open my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-starting-at-startup/8b010aaa-814f-4ea3-8a98-f06fb216112e
  6. Auto-Start apps on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Start apps on startup: Hi, so this problem has been sticking with me for a while. I sometimes change the desktop by using Task View, with some apps still open in the earlier desktop. I forget all about those apps, and I sometimes shut the Notebook down without closing the apps on Desktop 1. Then,...
  7. Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Apps keep pinning themselves on startup to the taskbar: Some Windows users complain, every time they boot up their PC, MSI Dragon Center, Xbox app, etc, pin themselves to the Taskbar. To get rid of it, they must unpin these apps. However, they appear again on startup. If you have been facing a similar issue, follow these steps to...
  8. Startup apps won't start sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup apps won't start sometimes.: I need the startup apps to run even before log in, so WOL can be used remotely and I can access my system anywhere. Sometimes it will run them while some other times it won't. How can I fix it? Fast startup is disabled on windows but Fast boot is enabled on the BIOS. Is there...
  9. tmp file keep starting up on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tmp file keep starting up on startup.: [IMG] this message keeps showing up on startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-file-keep-starting-up-on-startup/fd8a520f-0853-4f74-a1b5-4fac7ad8aa85
  10. Win10 1803 Startup App not starting

Win10 1803 Startup App not starting: Having a puzzling problem with an application in the common startup folder. I placed the shortcut of an application in the common startup folder, but when Windows boots it never launches the app. If I double click the shortcut, it opens just fine. Task manager shows the app...