Windows 10: Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

Discus and support Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SupremeLeaderMat, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again.

It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer.

Is there any way to fix this?

submitted by /u/SupremeLeaderMat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SupremeLeaderMat, Jun 24, 2020
  2. pigulici Win User

Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jun 24, 2020
  3. tuunade98 Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

I turned it off i'll report back if problem still persists. Do you guys have any other ideas as well, just in case this doesn't work..

EDIT: sorry for double post

tuunade98, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

Laptop keeps turning itself off, despite settings being otherwise.

Hi,

It is possible that your laptop keeps turning off it self due to configuration settings or corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to know the build and version of your Windows. Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try turning off Fast Startup. With newly added Fast Startup, Microsoft tried to speed things up while maintaining the stability. But, since it affects the way your laptop is shutting down, you can turn it off. To know how, kindly follow
    these steps on how to do it:

• Right-click Start and run Power Options.
    • In Power Options click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Uncheck the Turn on fast startup (recommended) within the Shutdown settings.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

1. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings. - Similar Threads - Apps keep turning

2. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  3. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: Statement: this setting is managed by your administratorI know how to change the registry, but why is this even blocked? Is my PC compromised?It also has the same statement "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the Local Security Authority protection, which is...
  4. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: Statement: this setting is managed by your administratorI know how to change the registry, but why is this even blocked? Is my PC compromised?It also has the same statement "this setting is managed by your administrator" for the Local Security Authority protection, which is...
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  6. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  7. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to turn Core Isolation off despite being administrator: I am the admin of my own computer. However, when I went to turn off core isolation, it claims can only be turned off by an administrator. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Certain apps in startup keeps being turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain apps in startup keeps being turned off: I turn them on and restart it works but then when I restart again they not working. I go back in and check them and they have been turned off. It would be fine but they are important programs like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Sync/Backup my Good Drive just to name a few. These...
  10. Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Network Activity by Delivery Optimization despite being turned off: Noticed this today on my laptop currently running Windows 10 Home x64 v1803 build 17134.191. [img] This happened when I ran the Settings app and clicked on 'Update & Security' whilst the system was still settling down immediately after Windows startup. I noticed that it...