Windows 10: Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that...

Discus and support Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had this issue with Discord for about a year now and never got it fixed. I've attempted support tickets with Discord 2 months ago, but according... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Raimiss, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Raimiss Win User

Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that...

I've had this issue with Discord for about a year now and never got it fixed. I've attempted support tickets with Discord 2 months ago, but according to them, everything that I've sent them reveals that the Discord app is running perfectly fine. That ticket is STILL open and I have not gotten a response in 2 weeks. I've tried googling this issue, but nothing shows up. I've run multiple Malware scans via Malwarebytes and nothing has popped up.

Oddly enough, with the exception of a few niche apps, this doesn't happen on browsers or on Facebook Messenger when uploading an image/file. What steps can I take to remedy this?

:)

Raimiss, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Tenforo, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member

When I open Discord, several world files opens

When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the
    Discord app and Microsoft Word on the taskbar. I run Windows 10.

Tenforo, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Missing Window files discovered when installing Discord app.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the error code or the error message that you are getting, while installing Discord?

There may be various issues that can cause the installation failure. You can try the below steps and check:

1. Close Discord, and make sure all it's processes are terminated (Check your system tray and task manager).

2. Press Windows key + R together to open Run command.

3. Type %appdata%, and press enter.

4. Delete the Discord folder.

5. Press Windows key + R to open Run command.

6. Type %localappdata%, and press enter.

7. Delete the Discord folder.

8. Restart your system, and reinstall
    Discord

I'd also suggest you to refer this article on
    Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

If the issue persists, follow how to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file steps shown in this

article

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Tenforo, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that...

1. Apps like Discord cannot open Windows Explorer when uploadng a file. What can i do that... - Similar Threads - Apps Discord cannot

2. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  3. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  4. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open Application app on file explorer: I can't open any application on file explorer. technically it did open but then a black screen froze and just completely shut down. then a Debug log appear saying "[0126/172424.829:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc56] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified....
  6. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Application app on file explorer: I can't open any application on file explorer. technically it did open but then a black screen froze and just completely shut down. then a Debug log appear saying "[0126/172424.829:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc56] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified....
  7. Cannot open Application app on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSOD when opening/logging into discord app?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when opening/logging into discord app?: I've recently got a laptop and it's constantly coming up with the blue screen every time I open and log into discord. Stop code: Service system exceptionaktikmdag.sys failed...
  9. Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Discord/Zoom cuts when I open the File Explorer: Ok, so I have a weird problem, and Google gives me nothing... it seems to be something quite unusual. I have a PC tower with an Archer-T3U USB adapter. It works well. I have a 200 mbps Internet connection that is very fast and reliable. However, for some reason EVERY. TIME. i...
  10. When I open Discord, several world files opens

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I open Discord, several world files opens: When I click on Discord to open it, automatically several new Word files opens. I think this issue showed up after I did a system restore from a recovery point due to a Windows update that spoiled my internet connection. I have shortcuts to both the Discord app and Microsoft...