Windows 10: Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open

Discus and support Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is quite and odd and specific question but whenever I try to open any of the apps it will run, I can see it opened on the taskbar but when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TotaledAutumn2, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open

This is quite and odd and specific question but whenever I try to open any of the apps it will run, I can see it opened on the taskbar but when I try open it it just won't open the icon on the taskbar will lighten like it is open but nothing is opening on my screen. If I press alt + tab to cycle through what I have open it will show the screen but if I try to get one of them open nothing will happen. I've tried Googling my problems and nothing is working, any help would be super appreciated, thanks!

:)

TotaledAutumn2, Sep 2, 2021

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open

1. Apps like discord, settings, and windows store will start and run but won't open - Similar Threads - Apps discord settings

2. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  3. Windows app store won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows app store won't open: I have an window surface 2 and the app store will no longer open for me.I want to update my browser options but can't do that without the store.I've looked through other instructions but none of them are working for me. Are there any other instructions I can follow please to...
  4. Settings App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  5. Settings App Won't Open

Settings App Won't Open: As the title suggests, the Settings app has stopped working in Windows 11. CTRL + I doesn't work, typing Win + R and then "ms-settings:" doesn't work but returns the error message "File System Error -2147219196. Here is all the things I have already tried that have brought no...
  6. APPS like Firewall, calculator, Microsoft Store and others, won't start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APPS like Firewall, calculator, Microsoft Store and others, won't start.: Hi, I'm running windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview on my Laptop, and some weeks ago, I received an error about Xbox Game Bar that I didn't gave importance, but I think that error was the beginning of all this errors. Some days ago, I tried to open a picture, and I...
  7. Discord won't run

Discord won't run: I was installed Discord on PC a while ago, and it's working fine. But 2 months ago, when it had an udate version, I download it. But it just... doesn't run. It keep said connecting. After that, I reset browser to see if it works but it doesn't. It just running Discord icon...
  8. Settings app won't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app won't start: Hi I reinstalled windows 10 other day and ever since settings app won't open it flashes on screen and is gone it says there is no app to open this. I have tried to reinstall for days now and problem still happens. I have very limited use of my pc over this and is really...
  9. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  10. windows start and apps won't open

windows start and apps won't open: I upgraded to Fall Creators Update last week along with the cumulative update (16299.19). All has gone well until last night. When I turned on the computer my start button as well as windows key is unresponsive as is Microsoft Edge from the task bar. Right click the start...