Windows 10: Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?

Discus and support Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As a user on my computer, I find it really annoying to have to ask the admin for the password every time I open torguard. I tried setting it as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DocDK50265, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?

As a user on my computer, I find it really annoying to have to ask the admin for the password every time I open torguard. I tried setting it as an elevated program (properties-advanced-run as administrator) but it still asks for the password. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/DocDK50265
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DocDK50265, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Elevation error when trying to enter admin password

OK, than means that you are trying to run a program elevated from a standard account, not admin account. In that case you have to select the Windows built-in administrator account from the list and use it:

Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated? [​IMG]

By default the built-in administrator account has no password, leave the password box empty if you have not manually set a password for this account.

If the built-in administrator account is not shown, it means that it is disabled as it by default is. In that case you have to sign in to Windows with a local admin account and go to Computer Management (right click Start, select Computer Management). When there, select Local Users and Groups > Users, and double click the Administrator account to open its properties, or right click it and select Properties:

In Properties dialog unselect Account is disabled and click OK to save the changed properties:

Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Now you can go back to your standard Windows user account and select the built-in administrator from the list when you want to run an application elevated.

4. freeboy Win User

Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?

admin password?

ok changed added admin password for d in safe mode!
    Ok, now this is weird: XP repair will not accept my new password! WTF?

freeboy, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated?

1. Apps like torguard still need admin password even when elevated? - Similar Threads - Apps torguard still

2. need admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    need admin password: Hi all, just installed w10 on a second comp and after starting it I tried to open a downloaded program set up file and I get this message. I have set user control to never notify and did not set a password anywhere during install or after. Any clues champs? H 181588
  3. need admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    need admin password: Hi all, just installed w10 on a second comp and after starting it I tried to open a downloaded program set up file and I get this message. I have set user control to never notify and did not set a password anywhere during install or after. Any clues champs? H 181588
  4. I am the administrator but request still need elevation

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am the administrator but request still need elevation: I'm trying to download a file but it requires elevated access. I already checked that my account has fully permission and when I try to change any permissions I get the same error that I need elevated access. I've already tries access administrator account but I just get a...
  5. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  6. App need Elevation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App need Elevation: When ever I open this app it says "The requested operation requires elevation" also "Details : CreateProcess" please help me if theres any solution to this, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-need-elevation/ad124eb6-9e26-4e6c-b472-24a704929bfb
  7. Elevated Admin Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Elevated Admin Access: Hi. Can someone help me figure out how to get elevated administrator access, so I can make changes and download items on my surface pro? I keep getting a pop up screen that I need elevated privileges, and I need to enter my pin, but there is no spot to enter the pin....
  8. We still can't run store using constantly elevated admin account?

We still can't run store using constantly elevated admin account?: Hi. I've just installed this ... Windows 10 Pro x64 yesterday. It's been 20 hours since I've started installation and it is still not enough to get it working as it should be working. So there is no hack or some bypass to run fully elevated admin (or at least so I can...
  9. Elevation error when trying to enter admin password

Elevation error when trying to enter admin password: whenever i try to enter my account info to run a file as an admin, it gives me the error that "this operation requires elevation." any ideas? 21511
  10. Admin elevation

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin elevation: I hate appearing stupid, but it is the only way I learn... I have two user accounts on this computer, one as Administrator and the other as, well, let's call it "me". Both are Administrator accounts. So why is it that I regularly am either told or asked to elevate...