Windows 10: Apps losing focus randomly

Discus and support Apps losing focus randomly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xHells Prodigyx, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Apps losing focus randomly

I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing is taking a toll on my sanity. I've turned off focus assist in settings. My graphics card is updated. I don't have any malware. I disabled game mode. I even tried disabling the Windows error reporting service. But no matter what I do, it keeps happening repeatedly. I did check Windows for updates as well. But still, it ha

:)

xHells Prodigyx, Feb 29, 2024
  2. leMecZTec Win User

Windows lose focus

When my Cingular 8125 is connected to my Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine, opened windows randomly lose focus. Whatever application is active will suddenly go inactive, as if I [alt][tab]'d off it. The issue immediately clears up as soon as I disconnect the
    pocket pc. The issue is annoying as I will be typing in some text control, then the app loses focus, then it regains focus and all text in the field automatically highlights and is overwritten with the next keystroke. Any ideas?

BTW, the version of Window Mobile Device Center is current.

leMecZTec, Feb 29, 2024
  3. stealing focus while typing

Hi Valerie,

Losing focus on an app can happen if your touchpad is on high sensitivity. There are instances that we are engrossed in our writing to the point that we don't notice that our hands are near the touchpad and if it's set to high sensitivity, it can click on
    another app. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you try to change the sensitivity settings of your laptop to medium or low sensitivity and see if this issue still persists. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type Settings.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Change the sensitivity level.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Feb 29, 2024
  4. bsekula Win User

Apps losing focus randomly

Focus started randomly shuttingdown

Hello,

Phone: Samsung Focus

My wife has the Samsung Focus. She's been happy (as an iPhone convert) until the last 3 weeks or so. Her phone started freezing and randomly shutting down. There seems to be no pattern, either. She didn't change anything on the phone...no card added, no
    new software or apps, nothing. We have noticed the phone is pretty hot when this happens. I've pulled the battery for up to an hour before putting it back together and it seems to work for a while, then starts happening again.

I recently did a hard reset, went through all of the steps of setting it up and the problem is still there. Any ideas? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm thinking its a hardware issue and we'll likely end up at the AT&T store, but seeing as how I HATE going into that store, I'd like to explore all of my options first.

Thank you

Brian

bsekula, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Apps losing focus randomly

1. Apps losing focus randomly - Similar Threads - Apps losing focus

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Apps losing focus randomly

Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  5. Games losing focus at random times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games losing focus at random times: I'm playing a game when at random times it suddenly alt tabs for half a second and then goes back right after and I have to click in the game to control it. I used a focus logger but it didn't detect anything. Has anyone else experienced this? If I remember correctly this...
  6. Program refusing to lose focus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  7. Program refusing to lose focus.

Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  8. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  9. Active Window Loses Focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Window Loses Focus: Without any mouse action or keyboard action, the currently active window loses focus to another program. This happens about once a day. The newly active window is always the same program. Prior to the last few weeks, I've had no problems with this stealing focus program. I've...
  10. Active window randomly loses focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window randomly loses focus: On the new computer I got about 2 months ago, the window I am using sometimes loses focus at random. I can be typing something and then suddenly it will stop accepting my input and make a sound, or I could be scrolling and suddenly it would stop. I can't even play Minecraft...