Windows 10: Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?

Discus and support Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC, and with that I upgraded to an m.2 with a fresh install of Windows 10, after having previously been on Windows 8.1 on my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hackham, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?

I recently built a new PC, and with that I upgraded to an m.2 with a fresh install of Windows 10, after having previously been on Windows 8.1 on my old 2.5", which is now being used as a gaming SSD.

Yesterday while clearing some space, I decided to delete some of the old redundant folders on the Windows 8.1 SSD like ProgramData and Windows, but after doing that Paint, Snipping Tool and Microsoft Office have vanished from my search menu, and searching for them does nothing.

Now, the kicker, I can access Paint etc. normally from System32, but I still can't search for them.

Any ideas on how to easily fix this issue would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Hackham
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hackham, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Apps Icons are missing from Apps menu

Hi Neal,

There are several workarounds that we can perform if you're having issues with the missing icons (including Microsoft Edge) after Windows 10 update. Before we proceed, we need to gather some details for us to determine the most appropriate advice to your
    concern. As such, kindly provide us the answers to the following questions.

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10 device? To check that, click on the Start menu, type
      winver, then hit on the Enter key.
    • When did the issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried to search for the apps that you have from the search field or Cortana and check if those app are still in the File Explorer?

As our initial troubleshooting procedure, we suggest that you try to run the
    Windows App Troubleshooter
    and please let us know the result. This tool can scan issues and can provided automatic
    fixes.

Regarding Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you follow the the steps provided by yours truly, dated last 3rd of August 2017, on this
    thread. Those steps will help us to fix the issue with Microsoft Edge.

Any update form you is highly apprciated.

Lawrence Lib, Jul 15, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade?

1. Apps missing from search after SSD upgrade? - Similar Threads - Apps missing search

2. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  3. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  4. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps missing after 20H2 upgrade: After the 20H2 upgrade I lost several of the apps that come standard with windows such as Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer. Tried resetting the system. After the reset Microsoft Store and Photo Viewer still are missing. Created a new account and the apps did not...
  6. Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004: Upgraded to 2004 and now when I look under Settings-Apps the listing for my Nivdia driver is no longer listed however it does show in Device Mgr. Graphics card is working properly. In Apps it still shows the Nvidia Audio driver and the PhysX System Software just no longer...
  7. Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia driver listing missing from Apps settings after upgrade to 2004: Upgraded to 2004 and now when I look under Settings-Apps the listing for my Nivdia driver is no longer listed however it does show in Device Mgr. Graphics card is working properly. In Apps it still shows the Nvidia Audio driver and the PhysX System Software just no longer...
  8. After Upgrading SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After Upgrading SSD: So i wanted to update to a bigger SSD from 500gigs to 1TB, i saved all my stuff with the windows manager, changed the SSD and made a windows boot USB, installed it, everything seemed to work, but then i couldn't transfer all files from the old ssd, the most important parts...
  9. App missing in "Windows Search"

in Windows 10 Support
    App missing in "Windows Search": Hi, I've got a VM running Windows Server 1607, which I am using at work. On the VM, I have installed my usual bunch of develope applications, like 7-Zip, Keepass, SoapUI, Postman, and so on. All of them are visible in the start menu, as they should. However, at least some...
  10. Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Waking from Sleep After SSD Upgrade: Hi there folks, Just upgraded my XPS 15 9530 with a new 850 EVO 1TB mSATA, was previously using a PM830 64GB mSATA drive. The laptop now no longer wakes from hibernation or sleep mode, whether hybrid sleep is enabled or disabled. I do know that the new SSD uses DevSlp,...