Windows 10: Apps missing from search and start menu

Discus and support Apps missing from search and start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlueSoapr, Oct 12, 2021.

1. BlueSoapr Win User

Apps missing from search and start menu

All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1. https://superuser.com/questions/947392/windows-10-search-cant-find-any-applications-even-calculator2. Rebuilding index3. Rebooting pc4. Creating new userAny other ideas? Thanks.

:)

BlueSoapr, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search Missing

Hi,

There could be changes or updates performed on your computer that caused this problem with your start menu search. Have you tried running the
    Start menu troubleshooter? If you haven't yet, then we suggest running it for us to further isolate the problem. Check out
    Try the troubleshooter from this link.

Please verify also if the search bar is enabled in the taskbar. To check, right-click the Taskbar, then navigate to
    Cortana > Show search box as shown in the photo below:

Apps missing from search and start menu a60a98cd-0534-4915-8f00-57faf58f344e.png

If Search is still missing in the Start menu, then please run the command below in Windows PowerShell. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, type in PowerShell, then right-click
      Windows PowerShell in the search results.
    • At the command prompt, type in the command below and hit Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Apps missing from search and start menu

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Apps missing from search and start menu

1. Apps missing from search and start menu - Similar Threads - Apps missing search

2. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  3. Apps missing from search and start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps missing from search and start menu: All my apps, excel, word, outlook, vpn, are missing from start menu and search.Some apps however, are still around, etc: discord / line / netflix.I've tried every solution I googled but none of them works.I did:1....
  4. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  5. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  6. App icons missing from Start menu

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App icons missing from Start menu: [ATTACH] The thumbnails on some apps downloaded from microsoft store are missing. I tried reinstalling these apps. But the problem is not solved. Moreover I cannot download messenger app from microsoft store. How can I solve this problems....
  7. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  8. Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I noticed some programs were missing from the start menu. Upon further investigation it seems only the programs from my SSD are in the start menu, anything I installed to my second drive is absent from the start menu....
  9. Search Bar Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar Missing From Start Menu: Hello everybody, I am having some trouble with my start menu. Originally, at the bottom there was a search bar. Then I installed Start10, made some changes, and then decided to uninstall the program and go back to the default start menu. The uninstallation required a...
  10. Desktop/Win32 apps missing from Start Menu "All Apps" and search

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop/Win32 apps missing from Start Menu "All Apps" and search: Hi, I'm having an issue and I'm wondering if anyone else has any ideas on what to do about it. Some desktop apps are missing from the "All apps" section of the Start menu. Most programs are there, but I'd say 10-15% are missing. Apps that are missing also do not show up...