Windows 10: Apps missing in Lock Screen notification

Discus and support Apps missing in Lock Screen notification in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I installed the OS from the ISO file. There is one little bug though. In the lock screen settings, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Piyush, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Piyush Win User

Apps missing in Lock Screen notification

Hello guys,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

I installed the OS from the ISO file.

There is one little bug though.
    In the lock screen settings, in "choose an app to show detailed status", the place where I can add the apps for which I want detailed status to be shown like email, calendar, it is not showing. Instead, its showing "none". It means I cannot add an app for whose notifications I want to see in the lock screen.

Apps missing in Lock Screen notification [​IMG]

Also, in "choose apps to show quick status", the only app that is shown is 'People'. No other app is shown.

Apps missing in Lock Screen notification [​IMG]

any solution?

:)

Piyush, Aug 1, 2015

2. Apps missing in Lock Screen Notification settings

I had the same problem. I installed with a local account because the first time I did a clean install, the username it picked for me was not what I wanted. So I did a clean install again and used a local account. I then associated the local account to
    my MSA. I also renamed the computer because the auto-generated name was meaningless to me. The way I fixed this problem was that I went to the online "My Devices" web site and removed the old computer name. Then I ran the following PowerShell commands:

Get-AppxPackage | Where name -match windowscommunicationsapps | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where name -match weather | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" }

Keith Hill, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Apps missing in Lock Screen Notification settings

Hi Piyush,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• You are facing this issue in Microsoft Account or Local account?
    • Are you able to see Built in apps when you press Windows?
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 1, 2015
  4. PoOpa Win User

Same issue for me, did you find a resolution? I have searched interwebs and only found this forums with a mention?

PoOpa, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Piyush Win User
    Piyush, Aug 4, 2015
  6. PoOpa Win User
    That did work for me, I used as described;

Then I ran the following PowerShell commands: ( I just copied and pasted into the powershell then checked on my lockscreen and added the weather ect..)
    Get-AppxPackage | Where name -match windowscommunicationsapps | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where name -match weather | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" }

they still do not appear on my lockscreen but I think im giving up caring *Biggrin

thanks anyway friend *Biggrin

PoOpa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps missing in Lock Screen notification - Similar Threads - Apps missing Lock

2. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  3. Caps lock notification on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps lock notification on screen: Whenever I press any of the lock buttons caps, number... etc a notification appears on screen, this has suddenly started to happen and I have followed all the steps to turn this off via display or keyboard settingsHow can I turn this off??...
  4. Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App: To whom it may concern, Installed on the computer is Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256. The weather app does not work on lock screen. The notifications & actions section is configured for "get notifications from apps and other senders", "show...
  5. Notifications - apps missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications - apps missing: Hi, I removed email notifcation on windows 10. I would now like to receive a notfication everytime i recieve an email. I tried through email settings. I went Manage notification>get notifications from these apps However my email app (outlook) is not there, infact i can...
  6. Notification sounds in lock screen

Notification sounds in lock screen: As the title says I would like certain apps to play sounds on the lock screen like on andriod, I have been trying to figure out how, i can get it to display the notification on the lock screen but it doesn't play any sound. More Information #1 The specific app is telegram....
  7. Lock Screen Notifications

Lock Screen Notifications: When all users are logged off, there will sometimes be a red circle with a white X through it on the bottom left hand corner of the lock screen with a number by it. One time, the number was 3. Today the number was 6. What does that mean? The only thing I can think of is...
  8. Notifications on lock screen.

Notifications on lock screen.: I have turned off all notifications on my lock screen in settings but there are still the same 3 notifications on it. How do I fix this? I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-on-lock-screen/0a038694-436c-4eda-bed6-2eea8dd27db0
  9. Apps missing from lock screen notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps missing from lock screen notifications: Got mine installed today and went rather smooth. No major problems but one tiny annoying issue. We did the upgrade on 4 machines and 3 don't have this problem. I want to add mail and cal to my lock screen and it is not a option on my machine. (PRO others are home) After a...
  10. Missing apps in Notifications settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing apps in Notifications settings: Hello, I found that some of my apps (that regularly emit notifications through the notification center, such as Dropbox or Cyberduck) dont appear in the notifications settings page. For example, I use Cyberduck as FTP client. Every time I edit a file on my server i get the...