Windows 10: Apps move to background when mouse clicked

Discus and support Apps move to background when mouse clicked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody! Im experiencing the most peculiar sporadic error and i cant find anything that seems relevant when searching for it.. The computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Junk, May 7, 2020.

1. Junk Win User

Apps move to background when mouse clicked

Hello everybody!
    Im experiencing the most peculiar sporadic error and i cant find anything that seems relevant when searching for it..

The computer works just fine most of the time, but sometimes the system seem to send any and all apps to background when clicked.
    This can happen while browsing the web, a attempt at clicking a link is unsuccessful and sets the browser window as "inactive".
    Ive also had this happening while programming (Arduino IDE), suddenly im unable to click any tabs or menues, but i am sometimes able to move the cursor in the code text, but not select a word/line and so on.

When this happens i am unable to click pretty much ANYTHING with the left mouse-button, rightclick does work, but whatever i click is sent to background, the title bar of the window gets grayed out aswell as the 3 top leftmost buttons (for closing/maximizing/minimizing the window).
    While the error is "active", i am also unable to click the windows start menu, it will not open, but it can be accessed via the keyboard windows button, but im unable to click anything in the start menu.
    I am however able to use the tab-key to "navigate" the start menu.

I am able to alt-tab to switch between apps, and when i select one, the corresponding window gets moved to foreground, but if i click anything in that window, it instantly moves to background.

The only way to get out of this issue is to logout using the keyboard and after reaching the login-screen, the mouse behaves as normal.
    After i login again the mouse behaves as normal, anything is clickable just as its supposed to, but this problem usually occurs again after a while.

Ive been pulling my hair over this issue and tried a "SFC /scannow", witch returned a error witch it claimed it fixed, followed by a "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth".

My system version is 1909, os build 18363.778 in case this is relevant.
    I have loads of other apps installed, but i think this error occured after the last firefox update, but that MIGHT be wrong..

Is this something that others have experienced? is there a solution?

:)

Junk, May 7, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

Background Apps Annoying

You can go to Settings App
    search for background
    click on let apps run in the background

Scroll through the list to see if they're listed there.

swarfega, May 7, 2020
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, May 7, 2020
  4. Apps move to background when mouse clicked

Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Apps move to background when mouse clicked

1. Apps move to background when mouse clicked - Similar Threads - Apps move background

2. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  3. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  4. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  5. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly: Recently my mouse cursor started randomly teleworking to the bottom left corner. At first it just telephoned, then it started to click once in a while, now after restarting my pc it is teleworking into the corner constantly and clicking irradically. I have disconnected my...
  6. Mouse moving and clicking repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mouse will move but not click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse will move but not click?: My pc makes a noise like something is being connected after it is restarted and about 5 seconds after home screen appears then my mouse will still move but not click. When it’s booted in safe mode the mouse works fine. Nothing is being connected to my PC so I have no idea...
  8. Apps move to background when mouseclicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps move to background when mouseclicked: Hello everybody! Im experiencing the most peculiar sporadic error and i cant find anything that seems relevant when searching for it.. The computer works just fine most of the time, but sometimes the system seem to send any and all apps to background when clicked. This can...
  9. Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jerking, not moving, and not clicking: Okay, so first off I want to say that one of my 3.0 drives has had this problem for a while, but now it's all my drives. It only moves barely and it bothers me, I can barely do anything on here now. I'm not sure if it's my mouse or the computer. But my computer has had a lot...
  10. Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Moves But Doesn't Click: I have a brand new asus laptop, and i can move the mouse, but it won't click, the button nor the sensor register a click. i am currently using a old corded mouse i had. please help. 13193