Windows 10: Apps not behaving properly

Discus and support Apps not behaving properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to address a problem currently affecting my PC.When I booted up my PC this morning, my keyboard acted weird and my G102 mouse started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Satriel, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Satriel Win User

Apps not behaving properly

Hi, I would like to address a problem currently affecting my PC.When I booted up my PC this morning, my keyboard acted weird and my G102 mouse started flashing red. Not long after booting, I launched a few apps which took very long to launch and all of those apps I launched ran choppy and slow. I tried launching StarCraft 2 in order to try out if it only affects external apps, but I happen to only get 4fps it usually runs in 60+fps. When I tried listening to Spotify, the audio seems to sound choppy at times.I had rebooted my PC, deleted temp files, ran msconfig without third-party services,

:)

Satriel, Jun 15, 2021
  2. RhinoCan Win User

Hidden files not behaving properly

Sorry for the delay in responding; I had to deal with some other things along the way!

I ran Step 5 and got this:

Apps not behaving properly [​IMG]

Then I restarted Windows. When I got back into my folder, it looked the same as before and the hidden file was still invisible but this time, when I went into Folder Options, the "don't show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button was selected. I simply clicked the "show hidden files, folders and drives" radio button, clicked on Apply and my hidden file finally reappeared!

Thanks for your help with this!!

I'm still curious about why this functionality broke suddenly but I've got lots of other things on my plate so I think I'll get back to them.

Thanks again!

RhinoCan, Jun 15, 2021
  3. apps not work'ng properly

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the said issue.

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

Run Windows built-in troubleshooter

This troubleshooter automatically diagnoses and repairs common problem that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working properly. We recommend running the Windows app troubleshooter on this article.

Furthermore, check for the presence of C:\Windows\AppReadiness - if it doesn't exist, create it. (More accurately, check for %windir%/AppReadiness).

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps not behaving properly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps not behaving properly - Similar Threads - Apps behaving properly

2. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  3. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  4. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. App not loading properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App not loading properly: Hi, I downloaded the family safety app on my iPhone and the app is missing all the main features. It shows on my main screen drive safety and there’s no home button as described. How do I fix this problem to get the app to show all the screen time and filter options? Thx...
  6. How to make Norton behave so other programs can work, properly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Norton behave so other programs can work, properly?: The expiration of Norton has now arrived, and I do not want to renew at this time. And, Im wondering if anyone knows if it possible to disable Norton through defender. Otherwise I'll have to format It's just a little break!! .', and that will mean a huge loss productivity...
  7. apps not responding properly

apps not responding properly: My apps in start menu not responding properly. I need to click them multiple times before it will open. I dont have this kind of issue before but I dont know where it started. I dont have issues opening apps in the pinned taskbar only in the start menu so if there is anything...
  8. Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account: I just created a new local account on windows 10 and things are not behaving nicely. Everything works fine when I switch back to my administrator account but in the new one they stop working. Here are some of the things I noticed, it seems like all windows apps are having...
  9. Hidden files not behaving properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files not behaving properly: Until yesterday, when I went to a given file's properties and clicked on the Hidden checkbox, the file would remain in its folder but be grayed out. This was the normal and correct behaviour and I've taken advantage of that for many years. Yesterday, the behaviour changed:...
  10. Apps not functioning properly

Apps not functioning properly: Hey guys! I've been a W10 user for the past half year or so, and I must say that I've had pretty good experiences with it. I used it on my cheap desktop, and on my old Asus T100 as a laptop tablet hybrid. But, I got rid of both, and I got myself a second hand Lenovo ThinkPad...