Windows 10: "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

Discus and support "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello when i try to shut down my computer it says "this app is preventing you from shutting down" however I have no apps open. I went to the event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FatHoppa, Aug 2, 2020.

1. FatHoppa Win User

"Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

Hello when i try to shut down my computer it says "this app is preventing you from shutting down" however I have no apps open. I went to the event viewer and this error comes up "The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: nsload.exe." I went back and it has been happening for the past week. Would anyone have a suggestion to this problem? Thanks!

:)

FatHoppa, Aug 2, 2020

2. Shutdown/Restart Apps Not Closing

Hi,

This issue is possibly related to your startup apps. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes prior to experiencing this issue?
    • Were you getting any error messages when trying to shut down your device?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 photo app crashes (closes) when try to print

Hello,

Possible that too much cache and data files are causing the Photos app to crash. For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest that you try to sign out your Microsoft account, sign back in, and then try to check if you will be able to run the troubleshooter for
    Windows apps.

We also advise that you try to reset the Windows Store cache and see if it helps. You may refer to the steps below on how to reset the Windows Store cache:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe.
    • Click on OK.

WSReset.exe is a troubleshooting tool designed to reset the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps. The Windows Store and the command prompt will open without any message. The command prompt will automatically
    close when the Store cache has been reset.

Keep us posted so that we can further help.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 2, 2020
  4. "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

0x87AF000B Error when trying to download Fitbit app

Hi Anne,

You may experience issues with downloading an app from the Windows Store if you have corrupted Store cache, if there is an issue with the apps availability, and more. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you only receiving this error when downloading that certain app?
    • Have you made any changes on your settings prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed any updates on your computer recently?

Meanwhile, we suggest resetting your Store cache with the following steps:

• Press the Windows logo key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type in WSReset.exe, then hit Enter.

WSReset.exe is a troubleshooting tool that clears the Windows Store cache without changing account settings or deleting installed apps. It will show a command prompt window which is blank, but it is clearing the cache. Just wait for the
    Store to close and open automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

"Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down?

1. "Apps not Closing" Error when trying to shut down? - Similar Threads - Apps Closing Error

2. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  3. Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing 1 app and shutting down while shut down: Sr that my english is not very good, hope you guys understand. When I shut down my laptop, just a second, this note appear and the laptop still shut down but I dont know what is this hay how to fix it, I try to update but nothing happen. Need help plz, tks...
  4. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  5. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating: I have been facing this issue that whenever I hibernate my laptop from the Power Button menu in startor Alt+F4 the laptop shows Locking but when I power on my laptop the next day, I find all apps like teams and stuff closed and hence have to restart all apps in order to...
  6. Closes apps and shuts down instead of Hibernating

7. Won’t shut down because app not closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t shut down because app not closing: So this started like a week ago and I have not installed anything except safe things like games, school documents and stuff but recently every time I go to shut down my computer, it says “can’t shut down because an app is open” and it goes away after like 1 or 2 seconds so I...
  8. Shut Down when closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  9. One app needs closing on shut down

One app needs closing on shut down: Hi all, Whenever I close my laptop down, there is always one app that won't close and I have to 'force' it to close? I'm not sure if it's a generic icon, but the one that appears is a finger on a button. Where do I look to see what program this is please? (I knew XP like...
  10. No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No apps work/ BSOD when trying to shut down: Microsoft Edge started not responding- couldn't turn it off and it wouldn't search. I can't open anything file wise. I can look in the file- just not open. Settings, Windows icon, nothing will open. I have done two hard resets. I was able to reach and run defender by...