Windows 10: Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

Discus and support Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am up to date with all windows updates, however, I am not showing any history in windows update it seems to have been cleared out. I suddenly have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zvictor1, Apr 19, 2019.

1. zvictor1 Win User

Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

I am up to date with all windows updates, however, I am not showing any history in windows update it seems to have been cleared out. I suddenly have a new start menu, my taskbar has been cleared apart from Microsoft edge, file manager, Microsoft store task view and mail. I cannot open Microsoft store, keeps saying I need a new app, Office 365 won't open, and most apps are the same. I have signed in ok and can sign in to the Microsoft website but nothing seems to sync. The file manager is empty, no photos, documents, etc but I can find them through a type search. I have used troubleshooters but they cannot identify a problem. These include windows update and windows apps troubleshooters. Although I can sign in with my Microsoft account to my PC and the Microsoft website I get a message from one of the troubleshooters saying I am signed in temporarily. If I try and access Microsoft store I get a pop up saying I need a NEW APP for this. I do need help as I seem to be going round in circles.

:)

zvictor1, Apr 19, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

Winfile file manager

You mean this

File Manager from Windows NT 4.0 Open Sourced

If you are unsure, subscribe to github and ask a question relating to it there.

eidairaman1, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

1. Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update. - Similar Threads - Apps opening photos

2. After Updating To Windows 11, Newer Photo Files In Folders Not Opening For Editing In Apps....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Updating To Windows 11, Newer Photo Files In Folders Not Opening For Editing In Apps....: So I buy/sell antiques online for a living, via eBay, Chairish, etc... I have been for the past decade now. I take LOTS of photos, and I clean up/edit LOTS of photos. This is the very first time, in my whole 10+ years of doing this, in which I have run into this problem. I...
  3. After Updating To Windows 11, Newer Photo Files In Folders Not Opening For Editing In Apps....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Updating To Windows 11, Newer Photo Files In Folders Not Opening For Editing In Apps....: So I buy/sell antiques online for a living, via eBay, Chairish, etc... I have been for the past decade now. I take LOTS of photos, and I clean up/edit LOTS of photos. This is the very first time, in my whole 10+ years of doing this, in which I have run into this problem. I...
  4. files opening with vlc and not photos app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    files opening with vlc and not photos app: subject says it all, i can't right click and open with photos as it aint there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-vlc-and-not-photos-app/35f91b23-5fd3-4456-8666-794f0300c3f0
  5. Photos App issue with opening files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App issue with opening files: I can't open files when I click on them, both photos and videos. The error code is 2147163901 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-issue-with-opening-files/1dd4afce-733c-45d6-9836-a5cde96e71bf
  6. files not opening in documents

files not opening in documents: None of my docs XLS etc files are connected tot he app and I cannot open them - what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-opening-in-documents/2fa36e32-22d9-40d8-a6d8-f86294dbe757
  7. photo files will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photo files will not open: my photo files will not open, i can see each folder but i can not open them up, just keep getting system error 805605970 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-files-will-not-open/6c70b586-e55d-430d-bd59-50e0ab28ebde
  8. Missing files, documents, photos and apps.

Missing files, documents, photos and apps.: Hello, upon turning on my computer, I discovered all of my side account of files, document, photos-everything, was gone. My computer looks as if it were wiped clean and set to factory settings, like a reset. If I try to use an app like Microsoft Edge, it loaded as if it were...
  9. Best app for photo file manager/editor

Best app for photo file manager/editor: Best app for photo file manager/editor? 37515
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...