Windows 10: Apps not opening since last update

Discus and support Apps not opening since last update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Multiple apps have since last update flash opened and closed. Reset Windows did not work. Seems like this has been going on for a while without a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkLander, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Apps not opening since last update

Multiple apps have since last update flash opened and closed. Reset Windows did not work. Seems like this has been going on for a while without a fix from Microsoft. When will we get a fix from Microsoft? Version 1809 OS Build 17763.404

:)

MarkLander, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps not opening since last update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 4, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Apps not opening since last update

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Apps not opening since last update

1. Apps not opening since last update - Similar Threads - Apps opening since

2. Unable to download or open any Microsoft Store apps since last update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download or open any Microsoft Store apps since last update: I have Windows 10, version 22H2 which was successfully installed on 2/13/2023.KB5030180 - Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 was installed successfully on 9/19/2023 and this is when my issues started.I've tried rebooting my...
  3. Unable to download or open any Microsoft Store apps since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download or open any Microsoft Store apps since last update: I have Windows 10, version 22H2 which was successfully installed on 2/13/2023.KB5030180 - Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 was installed successfully on 9/19/2023 and this is when my issues started.I've tried rebooting my...
  4. Unable to download or open any Microsoft Store apps since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cortana wont open since last windows update

in Cortana
    cortana wont open since last windows update: since last update cortana does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-wont-open-since-last-windows-update/e6bcdf4f-6ff0-4644-b013-4b153a57eb4c
  6. Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad.exe not Opening since last update Mar-2020: Nothing happens when I click on it. CLicking on filename from Windows/System32 folder also not working I've tried SFC and DISM with restorehealth. SFC said it found corrupted files and fixed them. DISM returns no problem at all. Notepad keeps not working. All...
  7. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  8. Photos App not working properly since last update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App not working properly since last update...: Since the last update of this app to - Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.12930.0 when you select a photo and then display the information of the photo using the File Information from the drop-down menu, the link to - Open Map no longer works ... If you repeatedly click...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538