Windows 10: Apps not opening

Discus and support Apps not opening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have my old Windows 8.1 laptop for using my Sound Forge Audio Studio to master and edit my music files. It has always worked until 3/2/24, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cheri Ause, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Apps not opening

I have my old Windows 8.1 laptop for using my Sound Forge Audio Studio to master and edit my music files. It has always worked until 3/2/24, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it to no avail. When trying to open it, the window asks if I would like the computer to allow the program to make changes to my computer. No matter what I click on, it will not open. Any suggestions?

:)

Cheri Ause, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Callender Win User

Apps not opening

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Apps not opening 295391d1598876794t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-setuserfta.config-notepad.jpg

Apps not opening 95392d1598876815t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-oemdefaultassociations.xml-notepad.jpg

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

Apps not opening 295393d1598876890t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-open-.jpg

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Apps not opening 295394d1598876979t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte.jpg

Result:

Apps not opening 295395d1598877008t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte-2.jpg

Callender, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Apps not opening

1. Apps not opening - Similar Threads - Apps opening

2. Photos app causes screen flickering when open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app causes screen flickering when open.: This is a recent issue I've been having with the Microsoft Photos app, which I've used on a fairly regular basis. When opening or interacting with the app, my whole monitor will turn black for brief moments. It is the only app on my PC which seems to cause this issue. There...
  3. Photos app causes screen flickering when open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app causes screen flickering when open.: This is a recent issue I've been having with the Microsoft Photos app, which I've used on a fairly regular basis. When opening or interacting with the app, my whole monitor will turn black for brief moments. It is the only app on my PC which seems to cause this issue. There...
  4. Computer running slow, problems with opening apps and files, along with battery depleting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow, problems with opening apps and files, along with battery depleting...: A few weeks ago, I got into cinematography. I first noticed problems then. I moved a 40 GB file from an SD card onto my laptop. The icons on my desktop were freaking out and changing, flashing error messages then showing no problems at all. I deleted some an unused app that...
  5. Computer running slow, problems with opening apps and files, along with battery depleting...

Computer running slow, problems with opening apps and files, along with battery depleting...: A few weeks ago, I got into cinematography. I first noticed problems then. I moved a 40 GB file from an SD card onto my laptop. The icons on my desktop were freaking out and changing, flashing error messages then showing no problems at all. I deleted some an unused app that...
  6. Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me...: Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me I cant use the old 10 home version... it came with 10 pro. I didnt do anything but MStore wont open??...
  7. Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me...: Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me I cant use the old 10 home version... it came with 10 pro. I didnt do anything but MStore wont open??...
  8. Why cant I open Microsoft store app? I bought a second hand home PC. Activation tells me...

9. my apps won"t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps won"t open: need to restore system to earlier date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-wont-open/b2235c52-2d7b-494a-8bc4-03165272e848
  10. my apps won"t open

my apps won"t open: need to restore system to earlier date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-wont-open/b2235c52-2d7b-494a-8bc4-03165272e848