Windows 10: Apps not opening.

Discus and support Apps not opening. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since updating Windows 10 yesterday, 11/08/2019, I have a problem opening about 15 apps including photo's MSN new sand sport, calculator and weather.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelClayton4, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Apps not opening.

Since updating Windows 10 yesterday, 11/08/2019, I have a problem opening about 15 apps including photo's MSN new sand sport, calculator and weather. Is there a major problem with the update and how can I fix the problem.

:)

MichaelClayton4, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps not opening. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Aug 12, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Apps not opening.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Apps not opening.

1. Apps not opening. - Similar Threads - Apps opening

2. Xbox app wants to broadcast that I am online anytime I open a game window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app wants to broadcast that I am online anytime I open a game window.: As it says in the title, I cannot open a game window without Xbox app deciding that must mean I want to tell everyone I'm online, even when I don't open the app. I also have Gamebar disabled, but that doesn't seem to stop it. This is a serious privacy concern. It shouldn't...
  3. I just had the Mail app installed on my desktop and I can't open hyperlinks in emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just had the Mail app installed on my desktop and I can't open hyperlinks in emails: Hello, a tech support person from Microsoft remoted into my desktop and set up the Mail app for Windows 10. So I can see emails from 3 email accounts now, but when I click on hyperlinks within the emails, I receive an error message that says "unable to open (the link is...
  4. "West of Loathing" - This app can't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "West of Loathing" - This app can't open: I just installed "West of Loathing" and for some mysterious reason, I cannot open it. I can play any other game but this one and I do have all the requirements to run this game. I've reinstalled the game, reinstalled the xbox app, I've updated my windows, I've updated xbox...
  5. Apps I download from the store won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps I download from the store won't open.: This has occurred with three different apps I've installed from the Microsoft Store. Only one app I've installed is working properly. I tried to install iTunes, LastPass for Windows Desktop, and Telegram Desktop and they all produce the same message when I start them:...
  6. My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...

My computer will no longer open .jpg or .png files, (It says there is no app associated...: First, none of my .png or .jpg pictures can be viewed by thumbnails (they have some generic-looking icon). Second, If I try to download a .ico, .png or .jpg I will receive this error window: "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....
  7. Cannot Open a Game due to Error Code 0x803F8001 ([Game App] is currently not available in...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Open a Game due to Error Code 0x803F8001 ([Game App] is currently not available in...: Can't open some Game Apps due to this error code: 0x803F8001. Screenshot is provided below. I really need help![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-a-game-due-to-error-code-0x803f8001/a0923c65-9a1a-4d87-9141-1a56b4dca050"
  8. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  9. Start apps there were open after restart

Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  10. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837