Windows 10: Apps not opening

Discus and support Apps not opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I am unable to open any of my apps on my HP laptop. When I click on an app a white bar appears on the bottom of the app but nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JessicaGriffieth, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Apps not opening

Hello! I am unable to open any of my apps on my HP laptop. When I click on an app a white bar appears on the bottom of the app but nothing happens. I then went to the Microsoft Store from Microsoft Edge since that app wont open as well and tried to download an app but it says "Youll need a new app to open this". Not even my calculator will open. Please help.

:)

JessicaGriffieth, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 21, 2019
  4. philc43 Win User

Apps not opening

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Apps not opening

1. Apps not opening - Similar Threads - Apps opening

2. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  3. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows and apps open on top of the active window: It commonly happens that I need to open and excel sheet. This takes up to ten seconds to open, it would be helpful if I could spend these seconds navigating to other windows in windows explorer or typing in a word document. Instead I will get three seconds to do this until...
  4. New windows and apps open on top of the active window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why wont google chrome app open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    why wont google chrome app open: when i open google chrome a pop up said You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-google-chrome-app-open/91441244-5893-4a6c-87bc-79e333fe7445
  6. why wont google chrome app open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why wont google chrome app open: when i open google chrome a pop up said You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-google-chrome-app-open/91441244-5893-4a6c-87bc-79e333fe7445
  7. why wont google chrome app open

8. In Win 11 how do you remove apps from "open With"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win 11 how do you remove apps from "open With": In Win 11 , I wish to delete some apps from the "open with" list. I have used Reg Edit and followed instructions and found the "open with" category. When i opened the folder there was nothing there except DEFAULT and NO VALUE SET. How then do u proceed?...
  9. In Win 11 how do you remove apps from "open With"

In Win 11 how do you remove apps from "open With": In Win 11 , I wish to delete some apps from the "open with" list. I have used Reg Edit and followed instructions and found the "open with" category. When i opened the folder there was nothing there except DEFAULT and NO VALUE SET. How then do u proceed?...
  10. Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup: I'm not sure what is causing this popup, but it happens after every restart. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? winver: Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447...