Windows 10: Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection

Discus and support Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed and after purchasing it, moved all of my files from a Windows 7 laptop over to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnJohner, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed and after purchasing it, moved all of my files from a Windows 7 laptop over to the new one using Laplink software. Since moving these files, no apps on my new laptop are working correctly other than the browsers. Microsoft Store does not recognize an active internet connection. When I try to use the Feedback Hub to report this, it doesn't recognize the internet connection either. My Avast anti-virus software isn't working either in that it is unable to update virus definitions. My Outlook mailbox isn't updating either. I have gone through all the processes recommended here https://appuals.com/microsoft-store-error-0x80131505/ several times, all to no avail. I'm am at a loss at this time and cannot move forward until I resolve this issue as this laptop is now providing no functionality other than through the browser directly. Does anyone have a possible solution? Why won't my apps recognize the internet connection?

:)

JohnJohner, Jan 21, 2020
  2. zmlc29 Win User

network and internet

this hard drive is not connected to my computer, it is connected to my wireless router.

after scanning for hardware changes as you suggested in step one, there is no usb hard drive
    listed on my computer, either in the device manager, or in the network list in file manager which includes both computers connected to the router. this computer is recognizing the router, internet, and other computers connected to the router.
    it is not recognizing the hard drive connected tot he wireless router.

I checked my wireless router to see if the usb hard drive is discoverable and verified that it is.

zmlc29, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection

Internet connectivity

Thank you for sharing more details. We would like to verify you are using the Windows Defender Firewall so we can isolate the issue. In some instances, the firewall is blocking the internet connection when using certain apps. At the same time, we also suggest
    the following methods below for initial troubleshooting.

Step 1: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can help identify
    and repair problems automatically.

Step 2: Modify the connection settings in the Internet Options.

• In the Windows search bar, type Internet Options.
    • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections
      tab.
    • Under the Proxy server section, untick the Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click OK then Apply and OK
      again to save changes.
    • Launch the apps and check if you are able to connect to the internet.

After following these basic steps, let us know the outcome so we can give you additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection

1. Apps not recognizing an active Internet connection - Similar Threads - Apps recognizing active

2. No windows recognized network but internet connection working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No windows recognized network but internet connection working.: Hello. I am in the process of debugging a relative's computer with a strange issue. Windows does not recognize a network and just says "No internet, secured" in the connection screen. I've tried all the basic debugging tips e.g. connecting it to another network, using...
  3. Windows 11 install internet connection not recognized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 install internet connection not recognized.: Installing Windows 11 clean install on a newly built computer when I get to the screen saying "internet connection needed to continue" it freezes there. I have an internet cable plugged in, and the LED traffic indicator is flickering. No options appear on the screen, no...
  4. Windows 10 will not recognize the internet connection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 will not recognize the internet connection: Microsoft Store will not download apps I get this error code :Code: 0x80131500 Windows update, says it cannot not connect to the service I have tried every posted solution to this issue I have found out here going back to 2017 and nothing has fixed this. I am now into my...
  5. Office apps don't recognize internet connection.

Office apps don't recognize internet connection.: I'm using the latest version of Windows 10. When I try to open a new Office document, I get a message saying it appears that I don't have an internet connection. I, in fact, do have an internet connection. This is something that has just recently happened. I installed Nord...
  6. Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection: Hello, I am having an issue with my laptop's internet connection. I am able to access the internet via my browser and many other applications, however Windows itself and some other applications that I need to use are unable to connect to the internet. This includes the...
  7. Win10 does not recognize internet connection

Win10 does not recognize internet connection: Windows 10 does not recognize my internet connection. Win10 sees my Wifi router, and will connect to it, but does not see the internet. However, other non-microsoft apps, such as Firefox and Thunderbird are installed and, are connected to the internet perfectly fine through...
  8. Apps say an active internet connection is required

Apps say an active internet connection is required: The History app keeps saying "An active internet connection is required. Please check your connection and try again." I have an internet connection but when I click on Retry it does not change. How do I fix this?...
  9. Internet connection for apps

Internet connection for apps: I'm currently dealing with issues with my internet connection. I have attempted to install games and recently I have tried to download Adobe but although I have internet connection it appears that I am offline. I can access chrome, but I am unable to appear online in apps...
  10. Apps no internet connection

Apps no internet connection: Hi What is going on here? My apps worked fine yesterday and then when I shut down I had a windows update and now this morning again none of my apps are working. Most load to the initial page with the game or apps logo but refuses to go any further and like weather channel...