Windows 10: apps not responding

Discus and support apps not responding in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terry_930, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Terry_930 Win User

apps not responding

After an automatic update I wasn't able to print. A support person kindly had me remove a couple KB updates and install the latest Windows update and I was again able to print. HOWEVER, now all of my apps are slow, and after a few opens, saves, closes, each app fades and "word/excel/outlook/etc. Not Responding. My only solution is to shut down and reboot restart doesn't cure this. My Internet speed is very fast. Desktop PC is connected to router via ethernet. I'm running Windows 10 ver 2004.

:)

Terry_930, Jun 25, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond apps not responding :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Get Windows 10 app not responding after changing product key

• Windows 8.1 was with KMS license
    • Reserved free upgrade to Windows 10
    • Bought Windows 8.1 product key and changed product key via PC info app
    • Get Windows 10 app not responding.
    Steps tried

• Uninstall KB 3035583 using wusa /uninstall
    • Restart
    • Reinstall KB 3035583 using Windows Update
    • Restart
    • Click on Get Windows 10 icon, not responding.

Yao BinThen, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

apps not responding

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps not responding :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

apps not responding

1. apps not responding - Similar Threads - apps responding

2. Windows 11 Apps Not Responding/Launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Apps Not Responding/Launching: I am on Windows 11 and I tried clicking on Paint but it didn't do anything. Next I tried Settings and even that isn't opening.I tried running WSReset.exe but I get the following error:ms-windows-store:PurgeCachesPackage could not be registered....
  3. Windows 11 Apps Not Responding/Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Apps Not Responding/Launching: I am on Windows 11 and I tried clicking on Paint but it didn't do anything. Next I tried Settings and even that isn't opening.I tried running WSReset.exe but I get the following error:ms-windows-store:PurgeCachesPackage could not be registered....
  4. Computer freezes for a seconds/minutes and no apps respond while clicking also. after that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes for a seconds/minutes and no apps respond while clicking also. after that...: Please give me a solution I am facing this problem with my pc atleast a month. My every drivers and windows update all uptodate, But i am facing freeze and stutter issue with my pc. when i am going on any application it actually freezes my pc for a seconds then after sometime...
  5. Computer freezes for a seconds/minutes and no apps respond while clicking also. after that...

Computer freezes for a seconds/minutes and no apps respond while clicking also. after that...: Please give me a solution I am facing this problem with my pc atleast a month. My every drivers and windows update all uptodate, But i am facing freeze and stutter issue with my pc. when i am going on any application it actually freezes my pc for a seconds then after sometime...
  6. Computer freezes for a seconds/minutes and no apps respond while clicking also. after that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.: So basically i tried using right click for finding the file location for EPIC GAMES, Steam and e.t.c but they just do not respond in start menu, the windows apps do but not the installed ones, also while i tried to screenshot it with SNIPPING TOOL i found out that even it...
  8. Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.

Windows 11 APPS in Start Menu do not respond on the right click.: So basically i tried using right click for finding the file location for EPIC GAMES, Steam and e.t.c but they just do not respond in start menu, the windows apps do but not the installed ones, also while i tried to screenshot it with SNIPPING TOOL i found out that even it...
  9. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...
  10. Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not Loading and Task Manager not Responding: Hi,This issue has been persistent for about a week now. No joke. This all started after I updated Fortnite for the new chapter... Just want to provide a timeline and anything I did previously to this issue.Basically, when I try to load game apps or launchers such as Steam,...