Windows 10: Apps not saving to default drive

Discus and support Apps not saving to default drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My "C" drive is full because despite changing my preferences in settings to save all new apps, music, files, EVERYTHING in D drive, they STILL... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Caleb8, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Caleb8 Win User

Apps not saving to default drive

My "C" drive is full because despite changing my preferences in settings to save all new apps, music, files, EVERYTHING in D drive, they STILL automatically save to C drive and when I click on them there is NO option to move them to D drive. Is this an app specific thing? Is there some way I can change it? Apps in question are large audio and virtual DJ apps which contains a lot of data due to music files.

:)

Caleb8, Jan 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 1, 2021
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Apps not saving to default drive :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Apps not saving to default drive - Similar Threads - Apps saving default

2. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  3. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  4. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  5. Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default

Windows Photos App "Save" instead of "Save a Copy" as the default: I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with "Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why....
  6. Setting Drive D as Default save area for Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting Drive D as Default save area for Apps: need help with selecting default drives to store appson the storage tab in the main settings , there is an option to change where new content is saved. the default is Disk C for me, however there is not enough space to save a game called Ark from the new Xbox App Store. in...
  7. Changing default save location for apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  8. Change default save location to a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to a network drive: I know how to change the default save location in settings, but it only gives me options for the C/D drive and usb drives. I would like to change the default location to our network drive, where all files are saved. Is there any way to do this? submitted by /u/rellogic...
  9. save as (default)_

in Windows 10 Customization
    save as (default)_: Hi Dear Sir... My respect I don't know what happen but since a while when I "SAVE AS" an image it became with extention: .jfif I was before .jpg How i make win10 return to that "save as" default : .jpg Many thanks...
  10. Default App not saving

Default App not saving: I'm trying to have all image files open in Windows Photo Viewer instead of the new Photos app. I already edited my registry to get the option to use WPV, and have successfully associated .jpg files with it. I have tried many times to associate other extensions, too, but none...