Windows 10: Apps not showing

Discus and support Apps not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i download an app for example steam and this is what it shows me when i search it i have already tried indexing i even rebuild the index and it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adam Hershi1, May 21, 2023.

1. Apps not showing

i download an app for example steam and this is what it shows me when i search it i have already tried indexing i even rebuild the index and it doesnt work.it shows me the apps like steamcmd.exesteamsetup.exe steamservice.exe folders also steamappssteamlibrary but it doesnt show me the actual app Steam alone it shows me the folders for it but then the app i dont get why.

:)

Adam Hershi1, May 21, 2023
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 21, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Facebook and Messenger app not showing notifications

We appreciate you for providing the information to us.

If the Messenger app doesn't show on the list under Notifications & Actions, it's possible that there are too many apps that are using the push notification. There is a limit to the number of apps you have installed that has push notifications enabled. You
    may consider removing other apps that are not in use and check if it helps.

In addition, you can also try to check the Default App for Protocol to prioritize Messenger as the default. To do this, follow the steps listed below:

• Type Default app settings in the Search bar.
    • Click Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Look for the Messenger app then click on it.
    • Restart PC and check if it works.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 21, 2023
  4. Apps not showing

Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Apps not showing

1. Apps not showing - Similar Threads - Apps showing

2. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!: so, I'm running windows 11 and one day all of sudden my taskbar just disappear, can't open up my settings, Everytime I try open up a system app like window explorer or control panel, It always saying something about ''Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file....
  3. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!: so, I'm running windows 11 and one day all of sudden my taskbar just disappear, can't open up my settings, Everytime I try open up a system app like window explorer or control panel, It always saying something about ''Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file....
  4. Setting deleted itself, taskbar not showing up nor the apps. help please!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  6. I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...

I m already installed directx runtime in my laptop but when game started the app shows same...: helloWhen I try to run Manor Lords game in Windows 11, I get the following error While I have installed the latest version of direct x runtimePlease help me how to solve the errorthe following components are required to run this program:DirectX Runtime...
  7. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...: When I go to the "Default Apps" page in Settings, it shows no app being selected for any of the categories.Furthermore, when I click any of the categories, where it says "Choose a default," I get a message saying "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."I...
  8. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

"Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...: When I go to the "Default Apps" page in Settings, it shows no app being selected for any of the categories.Furthermore, when I click any of the categories, where it says "Choose a default," I get a message saying "there is no installed app for this type of file or protocol."I...
  9. "Default App" Screen shows there are no apps selected for any category. When I try to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Not able to use phone link app. Showing some error.

Not able to use phone link app. Showing some error.: I am getting error while opening phone link and when-ever I am toggling to ON in setting for phone link I am getting also a error. I am attaching the screenshots....