Windows 10: Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

Discus and support Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notactuallykay, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space [​IMG]

Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on Linux and it doesn't happen.

https://preview.redd.it/joljudnidjp...bp&s=42129e4387aa4df315503a31554a82b318e8c80a

(Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong community, I'm really not sure where else to post)

submitted by /u/notactuallykay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notactuallykay, Mar 29, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 29, 2020
  3. BitLocker encrypting Used or Entire space?

I usually been reinstalling Win10 to get rid of the so called "clutter" on my system to make it more fresh and such.
    Regarding BitLocker, I always select to encrypt the entire drive as opposed to encrypting used spaced only.
    The entire drive option takes literally 9 hours to encrypt and complete.
    So I was thinking, is it wise to always select Encrypt Used Space Only whenever I reinstall in the future or is that option only for new machines and drives?

I just don't have the time to wait for my entire drive to be encrypted as I need to work on my programs and during the encryption process it just slows my system down.

When encrypting the used space only, new and existing data will be encrypted?
    Am I correct?

So when I reinstall Windows 10 the next time around, should I select encrypt Used Space Only?

Just want to save time.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

win10freak, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

Windows 10: Start Menu Taking Up Entire Screen

My Start Menu is not working as expected. The Start Menu took up the my entire screen. I still can see the taskbar and its apps(Start Menu, Back, Search and Task View). I clicked 'Back' a few times, but nothing is happening. Under Settings, the toggled start
    menu for full screen is turned off, but it still takes up my entire screen. I have tried right clicking the windows icon on the taskbar, and clicking on desktop, but it shows only the wallpaper, the original apps on my desktop is not showing up. I have also
    tried going to task bar and start menu properties, but I do not see a Start Menu tab on it. I have also tried resetting my computer, but it only lasts for a few hours before the problem rose again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?

Tze Jen Soh, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

1. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space - Similar Threads - Apps Taking Entire

2. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  3. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?: My HP laptop has always had some storage issues, but this one has me stumped. According to my storage settings, mail is taking up 17.6 GBs of space - but I don't even have the mail app! In fact, when I click on Mail to manage storage, the only option that comes up is to look...
  4. Nonexistent Mail App taking up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  6. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

Ghost Apps taking up space in computer: Hi,In my storage settings, there are 2 games taking up space, one taking up 10 gbs and the other taking up 25. I've tried uninstalling them, but the system always says that it can't find the file, and thus can't delete it. I've looked at different websites on how to deal with...
  7. Ghost Apps taking up space in computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Store Apps taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store Apps taking up space: So I tried to change where a game was gonna install to make sure it wouldn't take up my c drive. I started installing and realized it was still taking up my c drive. So I stopped the installation. I went and checked and my c drive was still almost full. I went and looked up...
  9. Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.

Unable to delete apps that are taking up space.: Please can someone help? I downloaded some apps onto an SD card but they wouldn't work. So I removed the SD card. Now these apps are taking up room on my tablet which I need. I have tried to remove them but get error code:0x8000000e. I have also tried resetting them but...
  10. The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

in Windows 10 Support
    The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen: Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the background remains. Some way or another, it has gotten stretched out and it fills up my entire screen. *Mad I do not want that bar...