Windows 10: Apps not working after latest windows update

Discus and support Apps not working after latest windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the latest update a couple of days ago and since then most of my apps & programs in my start bar won't open. Clicking on most of them just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ...harriet..., Sep 27, 2020.

1. Apps not working after latest windows update

I installed the latest update a couple of days ago and since then most of my apps & programs in my start bar won't open. Clicking on most of them just gets no reaction at all, not even an error message or pop up, absolutely nothing happens. I can't open Netflix, Spotify, Outlook, Microsoft Store, even things like the calculator and calendar won't open.

My browser still works fine along with a selection of other random things I've tried, like Excel and Word both still work, and Steam still opens too. So the programs which do or don't open seem to be random and unrelated to each other.

:)

...harriet..., Sep 27, 2020

2. Windows Store Apps will not install after latest Windows Update

Hi,

Error 0x80073cfe that started after the latest Windows update may occur in Windows Store due to corrupted package repository. For us to fix this error, we suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache and try installing apps again. To reset the Windows
    Store cache, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 27, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Apps not working after latest windows update

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Apps not working after latest windows update

1. Apps not working after latest windows update - Similar Threads - Apps working latest

2. After latest update numerous windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After latest update numerous windows apps not working: After a windows update the following apps aren't working Microsoft Store Onenote for Windows 10 Photos And more that I don't really use Chrome and other apps that are not microsoft related still work....
  3. Laptop not working after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not working after latest update: Hello everyone! On 04-09-2020, I put my laptop on an update & restart following which I got a blue screen error saying "Your PC did not start properly". I opted for restart but got the same error again. The Automatic Repair started as soon as I powered on my laptop which...
  4. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  5. Usb not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Usb not working after latest update: Version10.0.19041 Build 19041.329 I downloaded and installed the latest update and ever since then my usb drives do not work on boot up. I can fix the problem by going to device manager - universal serial bus controllers - uninstall everything in there and reboot. I hate to...
  6. Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update: The title says it all. I installed the latest feature update yesterday morning. Now, when I double click on a JPG image, I get a white screen and no image. I also tried to open the image by right clicking it and selecting "Edit with Photos." Again, the image doesn't open. Is...
  7. WSAudio_Device not working after Latest Windows Update

WSAudio_Device not working after Latest Windows Update: Hi, This is my first time asking for help. Hope I'll do it OK. I have the same problem described by Samuel. Regarding last Windows 10 update, Wondershare audio streamer does not work anymore. When trying to record it keeps sending a pop up panel asking to set microphone...
  8. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...
  9. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update: After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up, volume down, and mute buttons on the laptop have stopped working. I tried plugging in headphones and earphones to check if the...
  10. my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update: my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update for windows 10 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/-/6efc6885-4b4d-4917-a357-4ffb83dbed83