Windows 10: apps not working after update

Discus and support apps not working after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a recent update, my laptop pc would not open any apps, including music, photos and even cd . I have contacted microsoft support, and despite re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by peteandce, May 1, 2019.

1. peteandce Win User

apps not working after update

After a recent update, my laptop pc would not open any apps, including music, photos and even cd . I have contacted microsoft support, and despite re installing this and that and spending many many hours at the pc it is still not working correctly. Have a good anti virus installed and ran a scan and did not find anytning untoward. I am a silver surfer and struggle with tech jargon. Anyone to help me please

:)

peteandce, May 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. apps not working after update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 1, 2019
  4. apps not working after update

Default apps are not working in Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the default apps on your computer, let us try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the default apps for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
Thema:

apps not working after update

1. apps not working after update - Similar Threads - apps working update

2. Apps won't work after the update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't work after the update: After the update, some of my apps with Microsoft won't work. I tried to open outlook and one note and both won't work. I tried troubleshooting it. Tried to wsreset.exe and to this error message ms-windows- storePurgeCaches and the app won't start. What to do?...
  3. Apps won't work after the update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps won't work after the update: After the update, some of my apps with Microsoft won't work. I tried to open outlook and one note and both won't work. I tried troubleshooting it. Tried to wsreset.exe and to this error message ms-windows- storePurgeCaches and the app won't start. What to do?...
  4. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  5. no apps or programs work after update

no apps or programs work after update: As of 23/06/22 update , none of my apps or programs work. Also task bar is not opening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-apps-or-programs-work-after-update/ebcadcb0-3b57-45f3-b63d-27cf0cfcd3f6
  6. no apps or programs work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows apps not working after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps not working after update: Hi,After my laptop updated, my Windows apps wouldn't start. Examples are Outlook mail, Xbox game bar, and OneNote. I tried to follow the steps suggested to others who had experienced this issue but got stumped when I tried to run WSreset.exe, at which point I got the...
  8. wifi and apps not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wifi and apps not working after update: My system did an update on 7/14/20 and uninstalled my wifi adapter. It shows in the log for the adapter, the same time stamps as the update. I have installed and reinstalled drivers but they wont finish install. It says system cannot find specified file. I have tried the...
  9. Microsoft Apps will not work after update

Microsoft Apps will not work after update: I am unable to open most on my Microsoft apps after recent updates. The computer is telling me that I am signed in as a temporary profile. I have been signing in like I normally would before the update. All of my files went to a temp file under C and users then my name....
  10. Microsoft Apps not working after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Apps not working after 1909 update: Hey, My device was working fine until I updated it to the latest version available, build 1909. Now, no matter what, none of the windows apps open up. They just appear to open and close immediately. I contacted the microsoft technician through chat, they suggested to go for...