Windows 10: Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

Discus and support Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a newer ASUS Notebook with a licensed copy of Windows 10 installed. I recently had to have the motherboard replaced. Everything was working well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dawnell T, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Dawnell T Win User

Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

I have a newer ASUS Notebook with a licensed copy of Windows 10 installed. I recently had to have the motherboard replaced. Everything was working well for about a month after I got my computer back. Then, all of the apps in have installed stopped working properly. The apps open slowly, run slowly if at all and then stall if they do get running. I uninstalled and reinstalled them - this did not help. The apps all work well on my phone. Windows appears to be working well. Any idea what the problem might be?

:)

Dawnell T, Jun 16, 2020
  2. trogwolf Win User

ASUS Notebook K550JX Touchpad not recognized

SteveG47: At your suggestion I uninstalled ATK and Smart Gesture, downloaded those two and Chipset from the link you provided and the result, as expected was NO CHANGE. I say "as expected" because, as I said in my post,

"After install, ***I installed all of the driver software from ASUS.***

The Touchpad would not work. I discovered that the Touchpad does not appear in the Systems Device list. I reinstalled Windows 10 and ***I reinstalled the ASUS drivers.***"

In different laptops, apparently the Touchpad appears in one of two different locations in the Device Manager list of Devices. In some it appears in "Mice and other pointing Devices" while in others it appears in "Human Interface Devices" In my ASUS Notebook
    PC, Model number K550JX(-DM115D), the following Devices appear in those locations:

Human Interface Devices

HID-compliant consumer control device

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant vendor-defined device

HID-compliant wireless radio controls

USB Input Device

USB Input Device

Mice and other pointing devices

HID-compliant mouse

If somebody has a working ASUS K550J Notebook PC, perhaps you can tell me where your Touchpad device appears and what descriptor appears in the list.

Thank you.-

trogwolf, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

some of my keys are not working on my asus notebook x550c

Hi some of my keys are not working on my asus notebook x550c so i bought a bluetooth keyboard but i cant connect it ive tried things that have been suggested on the web but cant seem to find bluetooth button and its not recognising the device i have updated
    windows driver and tried pressing fn+f2

christinestephenson, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

1. Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook - Similar Threads - Apps Working ASUS

2. zoho notebook app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zoho notebook app not working: zoho notebook app not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoho-notebook-app-not-working/db3719bb-99c1-48d9-8bcc-52262789784a
  3. zoho notebook app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    zoho notebook app not working: zoho notebook app not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zoho-notebook-app-not-working/db3719bb-99c1-48d9-8bcc-52262789784a
  4. ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS WINDOWS 8 NOTEBOOK PC: STUCK IN BIOS WITH PASSWORD SIGN IN, HOW DO I GET OUT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-windows-8-notebook-pc/11b7dea3-c2cc-403d-9945-739eba266958
  5. Notebook camera not working on apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook camera not working on apps: My camera does not work with apps although device managers say that the Camera settings are all turned 'ON' Is there a test to see if my front and/or back camera is even working?...
  6. asus vivo notebook

asus vivo notebook: it will not let me install google earth new laptop error 0x80070057 any advice? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-vivo-notebook/b84e8aeb-2dbc-4209-ac62-80e676cce6f0
  7. My new Asus Notebook is high

My new Asus Notebook is high: Alright so I bought my new Asus Notebook 2018 PC the day before yesterday, but the battery is acting in very mysterious ways. First of all, they said "99%, 26 minutes until full charge". It finished charging in half a minute. It also says "100%, 10 hours 15 minutes remaining"...
  8. Asus Notebook webcam error

Asus Notebook webcam error: I have an Asus Vivobook pro n580vd notebook. Specs: Intel i7 7700 HQ Nvidia GTX 1050 4 GB motherboard: asus x580vd Win 10 home Its built in camera did not work, when I bought it. Even the windows didn't recognise there was a webcam. It was fixed, the whole LED panel...
  9. Problem with sound on Notebook ASUS X74SLseries

Problem with sound on Notebook ASUS X74SLseries: On my notebook ASUS X74SLseries a have OS Windows 10 Enterprice. I use Realtek High Definition Audio driver. I tried different versions of this driver, but all produced the cracking of the sound. The actual version I use is shown in the picture below. When I used windows 7,...
  10. Asus Sonic Notebook no Post

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Sonic Notebook no Post: Hi, my five year old Asus SonicBook s200e has stopped working and when turned on the HDD and WiFi card LEDs flash on for a couple of seconds and then go off again. I have tried all of the button combinations, trying without the battery, removing the HDD, removing the network...