Windows 10: Apps now suspending when opened

Discus and support Apps now suspending when opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. My first post. I'm using a Toshiba laptop and Chrome browser. I am learning the past few days that none of my apps, that I have used for years,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maj14, Dec 12, 2020.

1. maj14 Win User

Apps now suspending when opened

Hello. My first post. I'm using a Toshiba laptop and Chrome browser.
    I am learning the past few days that none of my apps, that I have used for years, will open.
    If I click on Open Office, for example, it begins to build and then in Task Manager, stops, goes to zero
    with a message Suspended. Help!

:)

maj14, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps now suspending when opened :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 12, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

Apps now suspending when opened [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps now suspending when opened - Similar Threads - Apps suspending opened

2. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  3. Mail app getting suspended when minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app getting suspended when minimized: It doesn't matter how I set it up to run in background, or set the power plan mode to best performance. As soon as I minimize the mail app, it gets suspended. What's up with that? How do I prevent that? I'm missing notifications because of this.Already tried reinstalling the...
  4. When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .: So , I Just started my laptop and it said "services.exe is now configured to services.exe run at startup " . Then i got a threat which is the services.exe , so i removed it through the security app . and now When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes . in...
  5. When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .

When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .: So , I Just started my laptop and it said "services.exe is now configured to services.exe run at startup " . Then i got a threat which is the services.exe , so i removed it through the security app . and now When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes . in...
  6. Apps suspended after opening them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps suspended after opening them: I recently got a problem where if I try installing an app or opening an app it gets suspended immediately after opening it and then quits. Is there anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/Sea-Mathematician-66 [link] [comments]...
  7. Apps now suspending when opened

Apps now suspending when opened: Hello. My first post. I'm using a Toshiba laptop and Chrome browser. Windows Version 10.0.19041 I am learning the past few days that none of my apps, that I have used for years, will open. If I click on Open Office, for example, it begins to build and then in Task Manager,...
  8. Apps now suspending when opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps now suspending when opened: Hello. My first post. I'm using a Toshiba laptop and Chrome browser. Windows Version 10.0.19041 I am learning the past few days that none of my apps, that I have used for years, will open. If I click on Open Office, for example, it begins to build and then in Task Manager,...
  9. Suspended app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended app: How to enable suspended apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspended-app/088cbb37-972e-4e3f-94d0-38b9d1dec9f8
  10. Apps suspend when minimized, music stops

Apps suspend when minimized, music stops: On my desktop, when I run a music app in Windows 10, say Plug radio or Tunein, it stops playing music after a second or two of being minimized. If I maximize, it starts playing again. If I change the volume with the keyboard, and the little pop up window with volume, artist,...