Windows 10: Apps on browsers no longer scroll

Discus and support Apps on browsers no longer scroll in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there. I'm going to try and describe this problem to the best of my ability and I am hoping that someone can help. I do not have a smart phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShannonLW, Mar 1, 2019.

1. ShannonLW Win User

Apps on browsers no longer scroll

Hey there.

I'm going to try and describe this problem to the best of my ability and I am hoping that someone can help.

I do not have a smart phone, so the few apps that I use, I use on my computer (including Tinder and Instagram). Tinder I just use on my Firefox browser and everything used to work that way. In order for me to post to Instagram, I have to use Cognito Chrome, go to inspect, and post photos through the browser that way (as if I was using a phone) - https://www.hopperhq.com/blog/how-to-post-to-instagram-from-pc-mac/

All of this was fine previously. Two days ago, however, something changed and I have no idea what.

When on Tinder, it showed me a person's picture. If I wanted to read their bio, I would swipe the photo upward, and it would create a scrollbar for me to use to scroll down and read the bio. Now, when I push the photo up, it does not create a scroll bar and I cannot see the bio:

Apps on browsers no longer scroll 6ac6f3c2-349a-48ee-b8e9-388c0d12cb41?upload=true.jpg

This photo is after I have pushed up so I could see the bio. You'll notice that it doesn't let me see anything any more.

On Instagram, too, it no longer creates a scroll bar when necessary. When I choose a photo to post, it now automatically drops to the bottom of the page, and will not let me scroll up to type in the caption/text box:

Apps on browsers no longer scroll 3c0e7f10-e03a-4519-b582-eecd58eb1bc6?upload=true.jpg

You'll notice the location on the page that it automatically brings me to is the bottom and I cannot go back up to see the top of the page.

I have no idea if I accidentally changed a setting that caused some coding problem or what. This has been happening for a few days (despite restarting my computer multiple times) and my computer has no updates that it needs.

Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to offer me!

:)

ShannonLW, Mar 1, 2019

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Apps on browsers no longer scroll

edge scroll no longer working

after the latest update for windows 10, my laptop touch pad edge scroll no longer works, and no longer has the edge scroll function listed in the properties for the device. how do i recover this option?

francislittleton, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Apps on browsers no longer scroll

1. Apps on browsers no longer scroll - Similar Threads - Apps browsers longer

2. Bad scrolling and pinch zoom on browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad scrolling and pinch zoom on browsers: I have the 2017 model HP spectre x360. Back in 2020 i couldn't update windows for some reason. I solved that problem. During that time, i had the precision driver instead of the synaptics one on my trackpad. The scrolling on browsers was fantastic, pinch zooming worked...
  3. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  4. choppy scrolling in every browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choppy scrolling in every browser: i am using dell laptop my pc is having choppy and laggy scrolling even after bios update and windows reinstallation with complete hard driver formatand updated and reinstalled drivers many times but no benefit. my specs are i3 7th gen,4gb ram ,1tb hdd. and i also...
  5. browser is no longer supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    browser is no longer supported: We are getting messages that we need a new browser. Edge no longer supports Windows 10 desktop. What browser should we install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-is-no-longer-supported/8fdee3c3-770b-4041-966b-58274301d946
  6. Scrolling stops in browser window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling stops in browser window: I have a Dell Optiplex computer using two Dell 27" monitors, connected to the computer using the Display port connections. No matter which way I connect them, my right monitor is the main one. I have used the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to identify the left display and...
  7. Can no longer access apps in web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can no longer access apps in web browser: Windows 10 pro When I click to open app on the taskbar while I am using a webbrowser the app opens in the browser but once I move the cursor from the app icon the open app disappears to the desktop Then I must close or minimize the browser to engage the app, For example, I...
  8. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  9. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  10. Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Scroll Speed in Web Browser: I just noticed this today and it's bothering me a lot. Dell Inspiron Laptop, 13 inch. i7, 256 SSD, 8 GB of RAM, Whenever I scroll with my touch screen it scrolls extremely slow. It is slow whether I'm in tablet mode or not. I'm used to being on an android phone and...