Windows 10: Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

Discus and support Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/richfield1945, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

/u/richfield1945, Nov 16, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

Hi Dave,

Are you missing the alphabetical list of installed apps on the left of your Start Menu totally, or are just some apps missing?

If you are missing that list totally:

Open the Settings App

Go to Personalization - Start

Turn on 'Show App List in Start Menu'

DaveM121, Nov 16, 2020
  3. RuskinF Win User
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

To access the Show App List In Start Menu feature, you right-click on the Taskbar and select Taskbar Settings. When the Settings > Taskbar screen appears, select the Start tab.

You can easily access the Settings > Taskbar screen by right-clicking on the Taskbar.
    When the Settings > Start screen appears, locate and turn off the Show App List In Start Menu toggle.

On the Settings > Start screen, turn off the Show App List In Start Menu toggle.
    Now, when you then access the Start menu, you'll see that it displays just the tiles. This is called the Pinned Tiles view. In the upper left, you'll see two new buttons that allow you to switch between the Pinned Tiles view, which is the default, and
    the All Apps view.

On the far left of the Start menu, two new buttons allow you to switch between the Pinned Tiles and All Apps views.
    When you click the All Apps button, the Start menu displays the All Apps list.

When you click the All Apps button, the Start menu displays the All Apps list.
    If you click the hamburger icon at the top left of the Start menu, you'll see a menu showing the new button titles.

The menu displays the new button titles.

RuskinF, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

Can't edit start menu left side items

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

You can remove any unwanted app from “most used” app list and that will replace by other less used app. To remove the app, right click on app and click on “Don’t show in list”.

To remove the folder that appears on the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Start settings in search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Start in the left panel.
    • Click or tap on the “Choose which folder appears on Start”.
    • Toggle the button off for the folder that you want to remove from the Start menu.

Hope this information helps. Reply with the updated issue detail for further assistance.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

1. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list. - Similar Threads - Apps start menu

2. Headset much louder on right side than left side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset much louder on right side than left side: I unplugged my wireless headset and plugged it back in and all of a sudden the right ear was way louder than the left one and I saw tutorials to go into sound and change the balance but there is no balance option there....
  3. Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can the App list on the left side in fullscreen Start be expanded by default?: When using the fullscreen mode on the Start menu, the one that takes up the entire screen, the left-hand side of the layout which usually shows the App list, does not exist. Instead, that app list and the pinned apps are in a either-or relationship; only one is visible at a...
  4. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...
  5. Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to left side of Start Menu Achieved: 1) Browse to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places 2) Rename one of the existing folders there to what folder you want it to be 3) Right-click > Properties to said folder and set new destination folder address 4) Go to Settings App > Personalization > Start >...
  6. Pin down shortcuts on the left side of the start menu

Pin down shortcuts on the left side of the start menu: I did an upgrade from win 7 to 10. Some glitches, but nothing I can handle. But i didn't like when u pin down a short cut on the start menu, it went to right. I want some program to pin down on the leftside, like win7. Is't possible to do that on win10? 14515
  7. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  8. Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?: Hey guys, back in the good old days of W7, you could pin an application to the start menu and it would appear on the left hand side and it would also offer a list of recently opened things within that application as a right arrow for ease of selection. For example,...
  9. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  10. Expand the start menu (left side)

in Windows 10 Support
    Expand the start menu (left side): Perhaps I'm missing something but can the left side (non tiled side) of the start menu be expanded? If so, how? [img] I kind of find it a bit annoying that I can't expand that side out a little so I can easily read item titles. Thanks. 24456