Windows 10: Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch

Discus and support Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've noticed lately that apps on the task bar usually don't load at all, or very slowly, after clicking on them once. I now have to left click several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mr Ed, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch

I've noticed lately that apps on the task bar usually don't load at all, or very slowly, after clicking on them once. I now have to left click several times when previously one click would immediately launch the app. What could have caused the slowdown?

Toshiba laptop
    Windows 10, version 1709

:)

Mr Ed, Feb 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 suddenly very slow, taskbar flickers

Windows 10suddenly very slow taskbar flickers when apps launched

justsaying123, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Can't pin Netflix to taskbar in Windows 10.

Launch the App & then right-click the icon on the Taskbar & that should give you the "Pin to Taskbar" option.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Feb 26, 2018
  4. Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch

Do you have anything else running in the background........?

Try using CCleaner or cleaning the History and the Search Engine History (Settings > History > Search Engines)

Maybe if the cache is cleaned up a bit, it might allow things to run smoother.

Just a few ideass.....

RaymondWindoz10, Feb 26, 2018
  5. Mr Ed Win User
    The only thing running in the background is Bitdefender AV. Also, I did run CCleaner. The apps still launch slowly. I'll have to try the the other things you mentioned. Thanks.

Mr Ed, Feb 26, 2018
  6. Go to Task Manager.........Startup.............Disable

It lists all the APPs and programs that start automatically when you log in.

Many of them are not necessary.

And some are added automatically with an update or a download.

Disable all the ones that are not necessary for restarting your computer.

That should help as well.

RaymondWindoz10, Feb 26, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    Are they slower when launched from taskbar than launched from start menu?

For example if you have Edge browser (or anything else) on taskbar does it take longer to lauch than if you hit the *Start key and launch it from the menu there?

If they are the same do you feel it is a general slowdown rather than taskbar related or the slowdown only relates to opening rather than running things once they get going?

8. Mr Ed Win User

Well, as I did a little more investigating, I felt there was a general slowdown and I also noted my HDD was spiking to 100%, so I went ahead and reset my PC. Now I'm OK. The only dumb thing I did was not make a copy of my favorites in my browser, so they were lost during the reset process. Anyhow, lesson learned: before resetting PC, copy favorites or print 'em out. *Think

Mr Ed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps on Taskbar Slow to Launch - Similar Threads - Apps Taskbar Slow

2. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow App Launch with Delays: Hello!My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds even more some apps, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also...
  3. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow App Launch with Delays: Hello!My apps do not launch instantly as they used to do. There is a small delay from 2-5 seconds even more some apps, sometimes even more when I try to start something. I do not know what is going on here but I will be more than happy if someone can help me. This also...
  4. Slow App Launch with Delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar not hidding at launch.

Taskbar not hidding at launch.: Hello,I am building a Windows 11 living room gaming machine. I set it to log in automatically and launch Steam in Big Picture mode at startup. However, the taskbar remains at startup since steam loading, although I have configured it to auto-hide and i have disabled...
  6. Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons triggers incorrect app/window launch: Hi,I'm running W11 on a SurfacePRO7.When coming back from sleep-mode I'm experiencing:- clock is not always updated. It looks like the clock indicates the time when the machine went in sleep mode annoying but you can continue working- icons on the taskbar of apps open...
  7. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/
  8. Slow app launch when connected to home network

Slow app launch when connected to home network: So I've discovered an interesting problem that I'm having with my computer. When I am at home, connected to my wireless network, it takes windows a very long time to launch apps. Everything from PDF reader to Excel/Word take at least 30 seconds to launch. If I turn off my...
  9. Launching apps in Win10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Launching apps in Win10 is extremely slow: Hi, Starting some weeks ago, launching apps on my windows 10 machine became unbearably slow. My observations are: 1. Launching an app can take minutes (even launching Notepad, or trying to connect to a new Wifi network). 2. After an app is running then it is...
  10. File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explore Slow Launch from Taskbar: When I launch the file explorer from the icon pinned to the taskbar, it takes 3-4 seconds to launch. But when I launch it from the start menu, it's almost instantaneous. What could be the cause of this? 107627

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opeening apps from taskbar very slow

2. tool bar on taskbar is slow

3. do apps on taskbar slow PC

4. slow task bar,
  5. apps slow to launch on pc