Windows 10: Apps on the desktop move around randomly

Discus and support Apps on the desktop move around randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey I have two monitors, one being my laptop screen. Sometimes after disconnecting and reconnecting my laptop to the monitor results in the apps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chrisbasmaci, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Apps on the desktop move around randomly

Hey I have two monitors, one being my laptop screen. Sometimes after disconnecting and reconnecting my laptop to the monitor results in the apps to shuffle around. Is there a software to fix that, I am tired of reorganising my laptop

submitted by /u/chrisbasmaci
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chrisbasmaci, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 15, 2021
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Apps on the desktop move around randomly

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps on the desktop move around randomly :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Apps on the desktop move around randomly

1. Apps on the desktop move around randomly - Similar Threads - Apps desktop move

2. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  3. Desktop Icons randomly moving

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons randomly moving: Currently running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 OEM Retail Version.Saw this happening before in the Insider Editions, but am seeing this now in an OEM retail version of Windows 11 non-insider.I have Icons placed on both the far left and far right side of my Desktop. On occasion,...
  4. Is there a magnifying app for Windows 10 that you can move around the desktop independent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a magnifying app for Windows 10 that you can move around the desktop independent...: Here's the problem. I'm trying to sort all of the pages that I scanned into the correct folders. Back when I was young and had better eyes, I could read the little guys if I viewed them at extra large size. I'm too stubborn to go find my glasses. Of course I didn't give my...
  5. Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around: I have an issue that has been upsetting me for a while. Whenever the computer boots, awakes or I plug in my second monitor my desktop icons move around. I organise them again and select refresh to save them apparently and then again whenever the computer boots, awakes or I...
  6. desktop icons keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons keep moving around: Two Icons on my desktop refuse to stay where I want them when I reboot : "This Pc" and "Norton 360". What can I do to keep them in place? I think this a relatively new phenomenon. Windows 10 version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. 165539
  7. A window cannot be moved around the desktop

A window cannot be moved around the desktop: Hi, I have an App window that is stuck at a certain position on the screen. Normally, I can use my mouse to "grab" a windows title bar and move it around the screen. With this particular app OneNote, this doesn't work. I can move it by r-clicking the icon on the task bar,...
  8. Desktop Windows Move Around

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Windows Move Around: My open desktop windows move around. I drag them to the center and then later they have moved to the left side. I don't want them to move around. My windows have always stayed where I put them in the past. I have tried to search out solutions to this issue but I only...
  9. Moving apps to desktop

Moving apps to desktop: I am trying to move some apps to my desktop to save some clicks. Why was this simple convenience determined irrelevant by the Windows 10 team? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-apps-to-desktop/2e89c2e9-7cb4-4748-8429-1da52289fc68
  10. Icons on desktop keep moving around

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on desktop keep moving around: Have tried researching this annoying problem and found several long threads from 2015 with various confusing answers involving several registry changes. Has this common problem been definitively solved yet and if so can someone please post the solution here 55644