Windows 10: Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

Discus and support Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just this morning had about half of my apps cease working with the message "application cannot work" or words to the effect of. I've found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scorcin, Jun 16, 2016.

1. scorcin Win User

Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

I've just this morning had about half of my apps cease working with the message "application cannot work" or words to the effect of.

I've found a few solutions on-line but they all require me to run secpol.msc, which all seems to do with security statuses, and my machine apparently doesn't have that in order to run it!

Any clues as to what I can do?

:)

scorcin, Jun 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 apps have stopped working

Any chance of an update or a reply to my reply?

StephenDewdney, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 apps have stopped working

I have been using Windows 10 for just over 2 weeks with no problems. However since yesterday the apps stopped working. I have new notifications, but cannot launch them - so presume an update was installed. The task bar icons for start and search don't
    work, Microsoft Edge won't launch nor will Windows store or any other apps I have on my task bar. What do I do?

StephenDewdney, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

Do you have a system restore point created from prior to when the apps stopped working? If you do, then you can try restoring to that point. I presume the apps that are not working are the native Microsoft ones such as photos, calendar, weather etc? They are the ones most prone to corrupting.

if the above fails you could try opening store (if that is still working) and check if any updates are stuck

Scottyboy99, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working

1. Apps on Windows 10 system have stopped working - Similar Threads - Apps system stopped

2. Speakers have stopped working on some apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers have stopped working on some apps: Internal speaker tests ok, with sound, but there is no sound on videos/news/Netflix. Amazon music does work! I must have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere - any help will be appreciated!...
  3. Apps Stop Working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Stop Working in Windows 10: Hello For some reason a lot of my apps on Windows 10 have stopped working including the Microsoft store app. When I click on the apps nothing happens and its the same with all of the preinstalled apps. I update windows regularly, I have Norton anti-virus software and still...
  4. All Microsoft apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Microsoft apps have stopped working: I can't seem to get anything from Microsoft store or the Xbox app to work. I can't download any updates from the store and the Xbox app can't launch any games. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall but it just gets stuck on the window "Making things awesome". Has...
  5. Windows system icons in the notification area have stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows system icons in the notification area have stopped working: Clicking the speaker icon in the notification area should bring up a volume slider. Likewise, clicking the clock area should bring up the clock setting window. And clicking the network icon should bring up a network info window. That's what happens on my laptop and used to...
  6. windows apps have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows apps have stopped working: all of my windows apps have stopped working ,they just appear for a second on screen & collapse . these apps are working fine 2-3 days ago . but I don't know what happened with them . kindly help me...
  7. Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Apps Have Stopped Working: After an update, certain default apps (Edge, Powershell, Settings) as well as third party apps (Discord, McAfee) will not work. Sometimes I will get the message "This app can't open," other times the app will open for a split second before closing just as fast. I have...
  8. Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working

Apps and Software - Some apps have stopped working: Is there anyway to find out which app is throwing up the error as this is a useless bit of information as it stands and the troubleshoot for it just clears temporary files which is not helpful in the slightest. Thanks...
  9. Apps have stopped working

Apps have stopped working: Just noticed that some Apps i.e. Weather & News have stopped working. I uninstalled them, then did a reinstall without success. The live tiles show the current weather & news headlines but as soon as they are opened, they become minimised to the taskbar. Clicking on the...
  10. All System Apps stopped working ! Help ?

in Windows 10 Support
    All System Apps stopped working ! Help ?: I built a custom PC with Windows 10 64 Bit installed in it 10 days ago. Everything was running fine. Today I started my computer and showed a notification which requested me to repair C:/ Drive which is where I installed the OS. I clicked the notification and it restarted the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some apps and software have stopped working

2. systems apps have stopped