Windows 10: Apps opening File Explorer full screen

Discus and support Apps opening File Explorer full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 1909 18363.836 Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BSM#48, Jun 3, 2020.

1. BSM#48 Win User

Apps opening File Explorer full screen

Win 10 1909 18363.836

Recently two apps that I use frequently, WhatsApp for PC and Thunderbird, have started opening File Explorer full screen, with no Minimise or Resize options visible. I believe this problem occurred following a recent Win update.

I have made sure that I am not in tablet mode, and this does not occur with any other apps. I can find no options in their settings. Is this something that has happened in the registry?

It is frustrating if I want to flip to another window since I then have to close File Explorer, operate on another screen and then re-open File Explorer.

:)

BSM#48, Jun 3, 2020

2. .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps opening File Explorer full screen :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Apps opening File Explorer full screen - Similar Threads - Apps opening File

2. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  3. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer won't open on screen.: Even though I can see the "File Explorer" Icon on the task bar, I can't view it on my computer screen. I can use the mouse to hover over it, but when I try to click on it. it doesn't expand on the screen....
  4. File Explorer won't open on screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When browsing to open a file, how do I open file explorer in *not* full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When browsing to open a file, how do I open file explorer in *not* full screen?: Hello - I recorded a video of what I'm talking about, after searching for 45 minutes and not finding what I need.Please ignore the few seconds of silence at the beginning - I was trying to figure out if it was recording...
  6. When browsing to open a file, how do I open file explorer in *not* full screen?

When browsing to open a file, how do I open file explorer in *not* full screen?: Hello - I recorded a video of what I'm talking about, after searching for 45 minutes and not finding what I need.Please ignore the few seconds of silence at the beginning - I was trying to figure out if it was recording...
  7. File Explorer now opens full screen on Save without controls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer now opens full screen on Save without controls: Win 10 20H2 current build. I've used Internet Download Manager IDM as a primary downloader for 10 years. For a few weeks now, I think since last month's Win 10 update, when I go in IDM to browse for the place to save a PDF, File Explorer opens full screen and without controls...
  8. No app is opening, only file explorer is open

No app is opening, only file explorer is open: Today when I opened Avast antivirus, it showed me that almost 113 registry keys are broken, so I pressed the button to fix them. Windows was working fine before I pressed the button. Then Avast opened a blank white screen, I thought I must close it as it has got hanged and...
  9. File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen: I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been suffering a weird problem: everytime I do something using full screen mode (watching a youtube video, hitting F11, playing a game,...
  10. Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen

Win 10 and File Explorer opening in less than full screen: From what I have seen there has been no satisfactory answer to the original question which I understood was how to force Win 10's File Explorer to open full screen rather than randomly opening partial screen. The older versions of Win with File Manager, etc., had similar...