Windows 10: Apps or icons not opening

Discus and support Apps or icons not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hai I am trying to open apps on windows 10, but none of them are opening including Adobe reader, Firefox etc. Its showing how do you want to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NareshSindhwal, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Apps or icons not opening

Hai

I am trying to open apps on windows 10, but none of them are opening including Adobe reader, Firefox etc. Its showing how do you want to open this file. Please help.

Apps or icons not opening [​IMG]

:)

NareshSindhwal, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Apps or icons not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Apps or icons not opening

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Apps or icons not opening

1. Apps or icons not opening - Similar Threads - Apps icons opening

2. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  3. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  4. is it possible to remove the icons when a app is open on taskbar?

is it possible to remove the icons when a app is open on taskbar?: ......... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-remove-the-icons-when-a-app-is/a27b6c3a-73dc-4cb4-a9cf-ec3f269abe47
  5. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons are blank and properties doesn't open: Hi, after turning my pc off and back on today, it booted up unusually fast and the icons of apps and files don't load.On my desktop, the only thing shown are the names of the apps and for the apps on the top of my screen, there's no space for any icon, as in the app name is...
  6. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

App icons are blank and properties doesn't open: Hi, after turning my pc off and back on today, it booted up unusually fast and the icons of apps and files don't load.On my desktop, the only thing shown are the names of the apps and for the apps on the top of my screen, there's no space for any icon, as in the app name is...
  7. App icons are blank and properties doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  9. Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar quick launch icons vs open apps: [IMG] submitted by /u/DarkSkyViking [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jojg67/taskbar_quick_launch_icons_vs_open_apps/
  10. icons will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons will not open: Icons will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-will-not-open/719b4f21-150d-490b-b1b8-66fa94dcb7c9