Windows 10: apps preventing shutdown with no name

Discus and support apps preventing shutdown with no name in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG] This has been happening for quite a while now and I'm really not sure whats going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by masha__, Apr 29, 2020.

1. masha__ Win User

apps preventing shutdown with no name

apps preventing shutdown with no name [​IMG]apps preventing shutdown with no name [​IMG]

This has been happening for quite a while now and I'm really not sure whats going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

masha__, Apr 29, 2020

2. App with no name and no icon preventing shutdown

Hi Pierre,

There must be some services running that's preventing Shutdown. We suggest following the resolution provided by our
    MVPs in this link.

We look forward to your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Apr 29, 2020
  3. This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Apr 29, 2020
  4. PierreOW Win User

App with no name and no icon preventing shutdown

Hello, for the past few days I’ve been getting the warning “This App is preventing shutdown”. I let it go the first time because one of the apps was steam but the second time there was a unnamed app with no icon aswell. I havent really gotten the this
    app is preventing shutdown in a while. Before i shut the pc down (today), i close all the programs with task manager and that unknown app still prevents shut down. Is it a virus or no?

PierreOW, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. apps preventing shutdown with no name - Similar Threads - apps preventing shutdown

2. This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11: when I try to turn off or restart my computer I get the prompt "This App is Preventing Shutdown," I have gone through all the fourms and figured out that it is my "setupchipset.exe" that is preventing the shutdown. When I try to remove the app the computer states "Windows...
  3. This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App is Preventing Shutdown windows 11: when I try to turn off or restart my computer I get the prompt "This App is Preventing Shutdown," I have gone through all the fourms and figured out that it is my "setupchipset.exe" that is preventing the shutdown. When I try to remove the app the computer states "Windows...
  4. Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown": Oftentimes when I shut down my PC, I get the Closing N apps and shutting down screen. It looks like this: example 1, example 2, example 3. After a while the PC shuts down automatically.Is there a log created of this event?How to find the path to the app, that is preventing...
  5. Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown"

Troubleshooting "This app is preventing shutdown": Oftentimes when I shut down my PC, I get the Closing N apps and shutting down screen. It looks like this: example 1, example 2, example 3. After a while the PC shuts down automatically.Is there a log created of this event?How to find the path to the app, that is preventing...
  6. Weird app name preventing shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird app name preventing shutdown: Anyone have any idea what this app is? I tried searching online with no luck. Prevents shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/weird-app-name-preventing-shutdown/a1ad784d-8ae3-4fc8-9f85-975eef75e49b
  7. This app prevents the computer to shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This app prevents the computer to shutdown: The name of this application is SystemTray.exe. Is it a virus? submitted by /u/fyzyk_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jppt29/this_app_prevents_the_computer_to_shutdown/
  8. Enable app to prevent shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable app to prevent shutdown: Is there any way to add this ability to an app? Specifically, I have moved on from WMC to Plex and while WMC would display a warning when recording live tv, but no such warning with plex. Can you add the ability for a warning "This app is preventing shutdown" with an app...
  9. App prevents shutdown

App prevents shutdown: When I go to shut down my computer, a pop up comes on the screen saying, "An app running in the background is preventing shut down". How can I tell which up is running? and Can I close this app myself? Thanks...
  10. How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bypass "These apps are preventing shutdown": Hey guys Anyone know how to get rid if the above message when shutting down, ideally via gpo....(or as a last resort reg) ? Cheers. 131229

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app with no name preventing restart

2. no name app preventing shutdown

3. windows 10 naneless programs on shutdown

4. nameless app preventing pc shutdown,
  5. unknown app in the this app is preventing shutdown windows,
  6. pc app with no name preventing shutdown