Windows 10: APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP

Discus and support APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Issues found Hanging or crashing apps Not fixed Reset hanging or crashing apps Completed Potential issues that were checked Some security settings are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeeDowdney, Feb 28, 2021.

1. APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP

Issues found
    Hanging or crashing apps Not fixed
    Reset hanging or crashing apps Completed
    Potential issues that were checked
    Some security settings are missing or have been changed Issue not present
    Check for missing or corrupt files Issue not present
    Service registration is missing or corrupt Issue not present
    Microsoft account required Issue not present
    Temporary Internet files location has changed Issue not present
    User Account Control has been disabled Issue not pre

:)

DeeDowdney, Feb 28, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 28, 2021
  3. background (wallpaper) seems to be hung

I see on my background a picture from a series of pictures I wanted for a slide show. Went to Settings/Personalization/Backgrond and followed the steps once upon a time and I think it worked? Anyway, now the app appears to be hung and I don't know how to get it working. I've tried going through the settings and can change the background (behind the slideshow) color but nothing else. I found your forum and tried many of the ideas suggested to no avail. Can someone suggest how to get it working again?

hustlinghare, Feb 28, 2021
  4. APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP

1. APPS / programs that get "hung up" - ran troubleshooter - result below....HELP - Similar Threads - APPS programs hung

2. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  3. updates is hung up. It will not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates is hung up. It will not update: I think I accidentally clicked to download windows 11 after realizing this I think I closed the process thru task manager but I dont remember. I have ran the ms trouble shooter twice and it says that it could not find the problem. When I try to update in security/updates it...
  4. DISM & SFC /Scannow Can't Complete, Troubleshooting is Hung Up on Checking for Pending...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM & SFC /Scannow Can't Complete, Troubleshooting is Hung Up on Checking for Pending...: After noticing one specific game on Steam won't launch and testing out several different thing with Steam and the game to no avail, someone suggested to me that I might have a failing hard drive. The DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth scan completes saying "No component...
  5. DISM & SFC /Scannow Can't Complete, Troubleshooting is Hung Up on Checking for Pending...

DISM & SFC /Scannow Can't Complete, Troubleshooting is Hung Up on Checking for Pending...: After noticing one specific game on Steam won't launch and testing out several different thing with Steam and the game to no avail, someone suggested to me that I might have a failing hard drive. The DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Checkhealth scan completes saying "No component...
  6. DISM & SFC /Scannow Can't Complete, Troubleshooting is Hung Up on Checking for Pending...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Weather App Partially Hung Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather App Partially Hung Up: About a week ago, the Microsoft Weather App that comes with Windows 10 began to show the same temperature and conditions all day, every day 40 degrees and sunny even though temperatures and weather conditions varied widely. The update time shown was always current, but the...
  8. Microsoft Weather App Partially Hung Up

Microsoft Weather App Partially Hung Up: About a week ago, the Microsoft Weather App that comes with Windows 10 began to show the same temperature and conditions all day, every day 40 degrees and sunny even though temperatures and weather conditions varied widely. The update time shown was always current, but the...
  9. OneDrive hung-up signing in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive hung-up signing in: OneDrive is hung-up signing in on my Windows 10 system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-hung-up-signing-in/48f05692-8373-42ff-8098-8ab96ba645e2
  10. email is hung up and will not send

in Browsers and Email
    email is hung up and will not send: Here is the remark I am receiving while trying to send an email with multiple addresses in the BCC box: The server “smtp.mail.yahoo.com” did not recognize the following recipients:. The app then freezes--cannot delete or edit the email I am trying to send. 123901