Windows 10: Apps/programs vanish after first time use

Discus and support Apps/programs vanish after first time use in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Several apps in windows 10, such as musicbee and freda go through the install process, i select run after install and put shortcut on desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JustinPerreault1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Apps/programs vanish after first time use

Several apps in windows 10, such as musicbee and freda go through the install process, i select run after install and put shortcut on desktop. Everything works fine to that point. However, the shortcut is never created and when i close the app after first use, it does not appear in the apps list and looks as if it was never installed?

:)

JustinPerreault1, Apr 12, 2019

2. Microsoft phone apps have vanished including settings and phone info

Hello Lora,

For us to be able to isolate your concern why your mobile apps vanished, including settings and phone info, kindly answer these questions:

• Which Windows version currently running on your phone?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for an update.

Gerald Mal, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Apps/programs vanish after first time use

Disappearing apps and programs

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to check that.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date And Time.
    • Click on Change Date And Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to run App troubleshooter.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 3: I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.
    • In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Apps/programs vanish after first time use

1. Apps/programs vanish after first time use - Similar Threads - Apps programs vanish

2. Always Open With This Program Option Goes Away After First Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always Open With This Program Option Goes Away After First Time: Why does the check box with option to open a file with a certain program go away after the first time?I didn't check this box because I didn't want the file opened by a certain program.So I uninstalled that program. Now when I try to open the file I get the prompt for a list...
  3. Always Open With This Program Option Goes Away After First Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always Open With This Program Option Goes Away After First Time: Why does the check box with option to open a file with a certain program go away after the first time?I didn't check this box because I didn't want the file opened by a certain program.So I uninstalled that program. Now when I try to open the file I get the prompt for a list...
  4. Always Open With This Program Option Goes Away After First Time

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Flight Simulator 2020 Program turns to 'Not Responding' after running for the first time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Flight Simulator 2020 Program turns to 'Not Responding' after running for the first time: I downloaded and installed FS2020 from the Xbox Game Pass App, and it's supposed to install more things when you run the app for the first time. However, it doesn't. Instead, it comes on, and has a black screen. It has a small loading symbol in the right hand corner. It loads...
  6. Using a cloned system drive the first time.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using a cloned system drive the first time.: I’m using a win10 EUFI computer v1909 with only one hard drive bay. I want a second drive to use if I have serious problems. Normally, it will be stored somewhere. It doesn’t replace periodic backups. I’ll use Macirum Reflect to clone the entire internal drive to another...
  7. Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD. In...
  8. crashing apps, vanishing folder permissions and shortcut program locations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    crashing apps, vanishing folder permissions and shortcut program locations: i'll start with the folder issue,, after updates the folder permission principle trusted installer or system overides any user settings (most often just wipes all permissions) to user created folders this causes any shorcuts to these folders to become redundant and sometimes...
  9. Apps vanishing??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps vanishing??: Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for support" message, This is for both the live tile and the standard selecting from all programs menu. Screens will be attached...
  10. first time user of WD backup program (inquiry)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    first time user of WD backup program (inquiry): I have just setup my external HDD. I haven't yet decided to start the backup process yet.. can I backup entire OS? and instructions said it will create a system image too, I don't have any disks setup yet. I want to make sure everything goes without a hitch before initialize...