Windows 10: Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason.

Discus and support Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, for the past couple of days some apps have been crashing for some reason. Some examples are Wallpaper Engine, Lunar Client for Minecraft, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krazy Kaptain66, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason.

Hi, for the past couple of days some apps have been crashing for some reason. Some examples are Wallpaper Engine, Lunar Client for Minecraft, and Firefox though firefox hasn't crashed today, sometimes tabs crash.

A couple of minutes ago an app I have called Everything an app to search for files crashed along with Wallpaper Engine and Lunar Client. The error I got from Everything was:

.\src\mem.c776: mem_virtual_alloc: Fatal error: out of memory, size: 00000000000004f, error: 1455

I'm not smart enough to know what it means, but I think it may be due to RAM. When I'm doing stuff my RAM usage sits at about 50-80% so I'm not sure why it would crash. Also, both my SSDs have over 10% of their space free so I don't think it's related to that. Is there anything I could do to fix this? Maybe use an app to monitor RAM usage and track spikes?

Also, forgive me if this is in the wrong category of posts, I'll delete this and post it in another category if I have to.

:)

Krazy Kaptain66, Mar 1, 2021

2. TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Mar 1, 2021
  3. MSOTX Win User
    Windows Creative Update Memory Usage Spikes

Since installing Creative Update for Windows 10 my memory usage has spiked 2x-4x compared to before the update. ( I have 8 GB of RAM.)

It doesn't matter which combination of apps or programs I am running. (See attached Task Mgr. capture.)

I have installed 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4020102).

• Word is crashing when I go to print or save as a pdf telling me there is not enough memory;
    • Some programs are simply shutting down with message of low memory or no memory;
    • My work habits are exactly the same as before;

When searching for solutions I find similar problems from earlier updates. Issues with most recent update were "reported" to have been fixed with the above update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason. 671c783f-ed62-422d-92ef-6a3ed609c10d.jpg

MSOTX, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason.

High Memory usage resulting to crashes

Hi Jean Ysrael Marquez,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

You might be facing this issue due to several reasons like low virtual memory, third party software conflicts, virus threat on the computer etc.

Step 1: Even though no programs or applications are running, some background services can show memory usage and disk usage. In order to check which particular program is using the memory, I would suggest you
    to check the Task manager.

Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    task manager.

2. Click on the ‘Processes’ tab and it will show you show you a list of programs and services running and their corresponding memory usage and disk usage.

3. Check if any of the item listed is consuming more memory or disk usage than normal.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

You need to increase this virtual memory.

Make it equivalent to your RAM size for the initial size and twice of the initial size in maximum size and make sure you have the same amount of free space in your hard drive in each drive.

To do this, follow the following steps:

1. Go to Control Panel (Press Windows key + X)> All control panel items > System

2. Click on Advanced system settings.

3. Under Performance, click on settings

4. Go to Advanced tab

5. Under Virtual memory, click on Change

6. Un-check "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" check box

7. Select your windows drive (where OS is installed)

8. Click on Custom size radio button

9. Set Initial size equivalent to your RAM size in MB

10. Set Maximum size to twice of your RAM size in MB

11. Click on Set

12. Click on OK thrice

13. Restart your system

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason.

1. Apps randomly crashing, possibly due to memory usage spiking for some reason. - Similar Threads - Apps randomly crashing

2. "Spikes" of battery capacity for some odd reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Spikes" of battery capacity for some odd reason?: 42,094 is the design capacity of this laptop as it usually should be... however I been noticing this.Why is the capacity reaching as two-hundred thousand?! what's going on here? in my room I have a bunch of room fans plugged in and sometimes when they unplug I can hear a...
  3. "Spikes" of battery capacity for some odd reason?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Spikes" of battery capacity for some odd reason?: 42,094 is the design capacity of this laptop as it usually should be... however I been noticing this.Why is the capacity reaching as two-hundred thousand?! what's going on here? in my room I have a bunch of room fans plugged in and sometimes when they unplug I can hear a...
  4. "Spikes" of battery capacity for some odd reason?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is spiking to 100% usage without a reason.: I have a problem with my desktop computer. The thing is that yesterday I changed my graphics card from rtx 2060 to gtx 1650 and after uninstalling the drivers with the help of ddu and pulling out the 2060 graphics, my computer could not turn on when it had 1650 in it, or...
  6. Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell: I have recently noticed that on my old machine HP Elite 8000 SFF, I see Powershell CPU usage spike every now and then. It has the latest updates, no malware or antivirus software other than windows defender.Following is my configuration :Processor IntelR CoreTM2 Quad CPU...
  7. Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell: I have recently noticed that on my old machine HP Elite 8000 SFF, I see Powershell CPU usage spike every now and then. It has the latest updates, no malware or antivirus software other than windows defender.Following is my configuration :Processor IntelR CoreTM2 Quad CPU...
  8. Intermittent CPU Usage spikes due to Powershell

9. Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk usage randomly spikes to 100% while idle and Memory usage at 50% in task manager.: I’ve checked crystaldiskinfo and it also says caution. I’m using an hdd in my laptop. I’m a novice when it comes to this stuff but my question is..... if I replace my HDD with an SDD will it solve my issues? I’ve tried all of the usual fixes (Diagtrack, Superfetch, virtual...
  10. BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?

BSOD Random Crash, Possibly Memory Corruption?: Hi there, My laptop has been crashing randomly for no apparent trigger. But a noticeable cycle is ~ every 12 days. Every time is the same error: "faulty hardware corrupted page" So I try using memtest86 but with no luck (10 passes all gd) Then I use windows...