Windows 10: apps randomly turn to a black screen

Discus and support apps randomly turn to a black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nae nae man, Mar 25, 2023.

1. apps randomly turn to a black screen

So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with and I have no idea on how to fix it. It hasn't lead to any bluescreens or anything like that yet but I am a bit concerned about what could happen. It usually happens in my browser, discord, steam, and other platforms like that. If anyone has any idea on how to fix this please help me out.

:)

nae nae man, Mar 25, 2023
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 25, 2023
  3. p-jack Win User
    screen turns black at random

i finally managed to install the latest catalyst package (6.9), and now.... whatever game i´m running, my screen randomly turns black for 2-3 seconds during gameplay... *Bang Head :banghead: could this be the VPURecover kicking in? Any ideas someone?

p-jack, Mar 25, 2023
  4. apps randomly turn to a black screen

Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Mar 25, 2023
Thema:

apps randomly turn to a black screen

1. apps randomly turn to a black screen - Similar Threads - apps randomly turn

2. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  3. apps randomly turn to a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps randomly turn to a black screen: So I've had my pc for a while now and I had no issues whatsoever, but recently when I go in apps like my browser and try to open something new inside of it it turns to a black screen for like 5 seconds and it comes back to normal. It is a really annoying thing to deal with...
  4. My screen randomly turns black.

My screen randomly turns black.: HelloFor the past month or so I have had a problem with my screen radomly turning black. Afterwards I have to restart my computer by pressing down the power button to use it again. It moustly happens when I visit certain websites - fx facebookNow I don't have any other...
  5. Random black screen while using apps

Random black screen while using apps: This problem arose since I began getting Windows Insider preview builds in the Dev channel. So I was normally using Chrome, until it became unresponsive for a few seconds. After that, a black screen replaced the Chrome window, and after a second it all came back to normal. It...
  6. Screen randomly turns black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen randomly turns black: Hello, I have my laptop for several months now but recently it showed problems with a screen. From time to time the screen turns completely black with no cursor, or anything at all, visible. Apart from that, the computer seems to be intact and running music or movies are...
  7. All of my apps will randomly turn to black screens on my PC

All of my apps will randomly turn to black screens on my PC: I've run into several different problems with this and I don't know why. When my computer falls asleep and I turn it back on, some of my apps usually Discord, will just turn into a black screen, so I have to go to Task Manager to restart it. Whenever I try to load up my...
  8. Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black

Surface Laptop 3 Screen Randomly turns black: The screen randomly turns black, though the back lit keyboard remains on. To fix this issue i must force shut down the laptop, though the moment it turns off it makes a pop sound. This happens every few hours and i have noticed no trend/trigger to this issue. Really...
  9. Random Black Screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens: Hello. I currently have a problem with my computer where I would randomly black out while playing games. The game just stops for a couple seconds and it will continue right after. What could be wrong with my computer? Is there any way to test for defective parts? Thank you...
  10. Random black screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screens: Hello, For some reason when I am watching a youtube video or playing a game my screen just goes black, then I have to turn my laptop off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-black-screens/666a0cf5-2c99-4de6-a375-537bc24ef6b7