Windows 10: Apps & Reliability (or lack of)

Discus and support Apps & Reliability (or lack of) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, This is addressed more to Microsoft than the Forum at large: My Reliability Monitor would be running at 10 most if not all of the time if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yorky, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Yorky Win User

Apps & Reliability (or lack of)

Hi, This is addressed more to Microsoft than the Forum at large:
    My Reliability Monitor would be running at 10 most if not all of the time if it weren't for those terrible Apps. It makes the Reliability Monitor look like a Snakes & Ladders Board with a preponderance of Snakes.
    I only use about 4 Apps and the rest, where possible I have uninstalled only to have them reinstalled without my consent by 'Updates'. Hardly a week goes by without one or more of these unused Apps failing.
    When are Windows going to allow us to remove Apps we don't want and/or also make them more reliable?
    I like my Windows 10 and would give high marks if it weren't for the appalling Apps.

:)

Yorky, Jan 16, 2016

2. Its all about the Apps (Or lack there of)

I'm currently on my third windows phone, I had an LG Quantum, Nokia 1020, and now a go phone for the immediate future. I stuck it out with Microsoft because I like the layout and I thought it would get better in terms of app support and OS. The OS has
    increased by leaps and bounds but the apps, the apps have not. So I'm stuck with my windows phone watching as other people use their incredible and high-quality apps, while we have to dig through the shallow pool of mediocre and low-quality apps. Hell, if
    I knew how to write code I would make apps for the windows phone just so that there could be a better selection. If Microsoft wants to pay me to learn how to code app, I would be down for that! It's just extremely frustrating to see Microsoft apps on IOS and
    Android but not on Windows Phone that just boggles my mind... I feel like Microsoft is making fools out of it users by not devoting the time energy and money to creating great apps in-house. Most of the apps Microsoft produces are high quality. I wish Microsoft
    would figure out that the only way they are going to get great apps in their app store is if they develop them themselves. I'm tired of being envious of IOS and Android apps I would love for us to have apps that make those Android and I-phone users jealous.
    Now this announcement that Microsoft might allow Android apps on Windows phones ****? Wave the white flag. What's the purpose of even getting a Windows Phone then? I wish there a public forum where we as users could air our grievances to like the Microsoft Windows
    Phone Official Public Liason or something because I don't think they get it. Rudy Hyun can't save Windows phone by himself... Do better Microsoft, do better. So I'm wondering does this site actually yield any real change?

ReluctantlyTeamWindowsPhone, Jan 16, 2016
  3. fasp---01 Win User
    6220 & (lack of) accelerometer

There is for sure something strange going on... I confirm the exact same behaviour, i.e. when lifting an 6220classic up from the table (keypad not locked) it lights up and show you the last opened app, for example calendar, new sms etc.

I have been able to repeat this behaviour dozens of times, no touching of buttons, no nothing. Moreover, when keypad IS locked, and you shake the 6220c or just lift it up, it tells you with soft lighted screen, that keypad lock is active (same as if you press
    a button).

Please, give me some help in this matter. It's driving me crazy. Has Nokia forgot that they incorporated an accelerometer sensor in the 6220c? Is it suppose to be a secret?

Would be really nice if indeed was an accelerometer, since so many new apps are coming up, with great usability improvements.

Any comments, hints or explanations are deeply appreciated.

fasp---01, Jan 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jan 16, 2016
  5. Yorky Win User
    Thank you, I've just done so.
    Matter of interest; the Map App I uninstalled yesterday was attempted to be auto re-installed today by Updates and failed.
    These things really need Microsoft's urgent attention; they are a blot on the OS.

Yorky, Jan 17, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    The way I use it is simple: ignore the Win 10 start menu and Cortana except to check occasionally they are working.
    Don't fiddle with Settings beyond a few basics.

Use Classic shell as start menu replacement (Win 10's start menu fails to express a traditional hierarchical start menu usably or usefully).
    Change the appearance to get pastel backgrounds and title bars.
    Replace about 77 icons with win 7 icons (using a program).

Use Win 10 after the fashion of Win 7- normal desktop programs.
    Support with disk imaging and system restore on, + daily scheduled restore point.

dalchina, Jan 17, 2016
  7. Yorky Win User
    Thanks for that:
    Actually I use my PC as W7 with all frequent icons on Taskbar and only venture into Start for the Weather App. I seldom if ever use any other App. However I find not infrequent 'failings of Apps' in the Reliability Monitor even though not used.
    As stated earlier even removing Apps doesn't work as Windows reinstalls them again uninvited.
    I may well give your suggested method a try it things don't improve.
    Thank you.

Yorky, Jan 17, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Despite the above, there are some interesting apps available via the Store (free too).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps & Reliability (or lack of) - Similar Threads - Apps Reliability lack

2. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  3. Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apparent "lack of appreciate permissions to access an app: I'm trying to open an app Fortnite from my Alienware laptop, but an issue persists "Windows cannot access the specified device ,path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I have tried giving permissions, and we'll that didn't work, so I...
  4. lack of support

lack of support: i purchased windows 10 todayhow do i bust through the support wall i have case numbercant talk to anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/e36938fe-1ca4-4d3b-a0bd-8345b65cf840
  5. lack of support.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lack of support.: i have paid to be supported by the team,when i try to get help i go round and round with any help,the virual agent is useless,the tel support has no tel number,help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lack-of-support/17fff45a-b5ae-4f2c-bbe8-0242b3a25c95
  6. Sound (lack of)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound (lack of): Hello all. I woke up today with no audio on my computer. A little background: After years of making do on Windows XP, in 2019 I found a local PC tech guy who made house calls to repair and/or upgrade. I asked him to install Windows 10. After picking up my comp, he later...
  7. Origin (or lack of)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Origin (or lack of): My son introduced me to Mass Effect, which I was playing via Origin. Then the password would not work, so my son changed it. I got back in and got as far as the financial District in the Citadel, then the password stopped working. I had tried offline several times it did not...
  8. Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store

Lack of premium channel apps in Windows store: The only premium movie channel app I found was Epix. Is this correct? And that's prolly the most unknown movie channel. HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Encore, Starz, TMC, all don't appear. Did I miss any? What's up with that? You'd figure since there are so many more Windows...
  9. Reliability history of updates apps

Reliability history of updates apps: I use reliability history quite a bit to monitor what apps have updated. Has anyone noticed lately that the apps listed here are just gobbledegook? Rather than say what app updates it'll just say 'application-some number-submission'. It doesn't do for all of them but it does...
  10. Battery apps and battery report lack data

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery apps and battery report lack data: Because the several battery usage apps I have installed do not display the usage data expected I have generated a report, as described on this site --- only to find most of the data is missing there too. Presumably there is something wrong in my computer's Settings. What is...