Windows 10: APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC

Discus and support APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First of all I did not reset my PC. However I now have an ICON labeled APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC. That leads to a whole list of apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mikeblyskal, Sep 17, 2018.

1. APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC

First of all I did not reset my PC.

However I now have an ICON labeled APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC.

That leads to a whole list of apps.

Google gets me to the question How do I restore these apps? Unfortunately, the Microsoft answer does not answer the question.

Why did this happen?

How do I get my apps back????????

Of course, a whole bunch of valuable files are now missing. HOW DO I GET THEM BACK.????

:)

mikeblyskal, Sep 17, 2018

2. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 17, 2018
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Sep 17, 2018
  4. APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC

Apps removed whilst resetting your pc

Hi SunshineNuggett,

There are actually 3 options that you can choose from if you want to reset your device. You can either Keep your files, Remove everything or Restore your PC to factory settings.

Keep my files

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Remove everything

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and removes all your personal files.

Restore factory settings

• Reinstalls the version of Windows that your PC came with (either Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) and removes your personal files.
    • Reinstalls any apps your PC manufacturer installed on your PC.

As you can see, performing a reset will remove all the apps and drivers installed on your device no matter what you choose. Unless there is a separate partitioned drive on your Hard Disk that contains the recovery media (Image of Windows 10 OEM), preinstalled
    apps and drivers will not be reinstalled.

There is a possibility that either your laptop doesn't have a partitioned recovery media, recovery drive got corrupted or the recovery drive got deleted. Without this, once you perform a reset, it will be a plain OS with generic drivers installed.

If you want to restore all the apps and drivers that were previously installed on your computer, you need to contact Sony to get a Restore/Recovery Media for your laptop. It might be a USB drive or a DVD that contains a backup of the original factory condition
    (drivers and apps included) configured by OEM (Original equipment manufacturer).

For the 3rd party apps including Office 365, the best option to get them back is by reinstalling them. To reinstall
    Office 365, please refer to this link.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC

1. APPS REMOVED WHILE RESETTING MY PC - Similar Threads - APPS REMOVED WHILE

2. About "removing my apps" when resetting the PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About "removing my apps" when resetting the PC: I'm not sure about whether this "remove my apps" choice will remove the apps I installed outside Microsoft Store. For example, I installed Visual Studio 2019 outside Microsoft Store on this PC and I'm asking whether this "remove my apps" choice will delete Visual Studio...
  3. Removed apps during PC reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed apps during PC reset: How do I restore a removed app after a PC RESET? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removed-apps-during-pc-reset/f991fd1e-0e3d-4827-8f00-fda849d398ce
  4. how to restore Apps removed while resetting my PC

how to restore Apps removed while resetting my PC: how to restore Apps removed while resetting my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-apps-removed-while-resetting-my-pc/21979caa-8f1f-4749-b4a1-9c8ec4d60749
  5. Apps removed while resetting PC - how do I put these Apps back on my system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Apps removed while resetting PC - how do I put these Apps back on my system: I performed a Windows10 reset and it put the removed Apps into a folder. How do I return each of these Apps to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-removed-while-resetting-pc-how-do-i-put-these/45db10c6-5365-4540-9938-438b84abc796"
  6. how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my PC,app bame Public

how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my PC,app bame Public: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my PC, app name Public https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-apps-removed-while-resetting-my/064fb196-c161-41c0-bccc-c11333128418
  7. What do I do with Apps removed while resetting PC

What do I do with Apps removed while resetting PC: I had to do a complete reset today because my PC just would not do anything. I had just received an Update yesterday on Mar 12th, and my Lap Top began acting up. So today even Cortana was shut down, I could not bring up Edge open any files, nothing so I tried the repair...
  8. Apps removed while resetting laptop

Apps removed while resetting laptop: Hi All, I recently allowed Windows 10 to update. Normally this is a seamless process and involves nothing more than me clicking to accept the update. However, on this occasion, something went wrong and the laptop got stuck just before the initial password input screen...
  9. Apps removed whilst resetting your pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apps removed whilst resetting your pc: Yes I know you have already had many posts regarding this query or similar ones, but...…….. I really don't understand why the reset would remove original drivers for my VAIO laptop which include the wifi smart utility (I now have no wifi icon at all showing on my system or...
  10. retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    retrieving / recovering apps. removed while pc resets.: Reviewed information on subject posted and seems easy enough to reinstall app. however, in particular how do I access the data that was saved to any particular app. ie have several years tax files. Worst comes to worst can I reset to a date prior to this episode?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps removed while resetting your pc

2. restore apps removed while resetting your pc

3. apps removed while resetting pc

4. apps removed while resetting your pc win 10,
  5. apps removed while resetting computer,
  6. apps removed while refreshing your pc,
  7. how to restore apps removed while resetting,
  8. reinstate apps and programes lost on reset,
  9. apps removed by reset,
  10. restore apps removed while resetting pc,
  11. how to get back apps removed while resettig,